Re: HobbyZone Aerobird

Hi Darren,

I am back to RC after a 20 year absence and just love the AB. Electric power is so easy and the durabilty of the AB is unbelievable. After a full speed nose plant a quick repair with packing tape and hot glue got it in the air again. My old balsa trainer would have been a pile of toothpicks. The zip tie I put behind the motor probably prevented major damage as it was broken as a result of the crash. That was a hint from a post by Aejear (sp?) on this board.

I did have a problem with a servo after my second flight but Hobby Zone quickly replaced the fusalage and I was ready to go again. The battery also caused some erratic motor operation but tightening the connectors solved that.

The bird does not like the wind but that may be a function of my skill level which is one step above beginner. For all beginners I would recommend flying only in dead calm.

I bought the hop up kit and now have two batteries to rotate which gives reasonalbe flying time. The new larger tail which came with the kit is still in the box until my skill level improves. I am progressively moving the control lines down the horns on the original tail and once I get comfortable with the bottom position it will be time to switch to the bigger tail.

The AB is a blast. I can't remember when I have last had so much fun with so little hassle.

-- rstarchuk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums. Visit us at

rstarchuk

Tiffany

Hi Tiffany,

The motor mount reinforcement was suggested by aeajr whose posts you might want to reveiw as they are very helpful. His advice was:

Motor Mount

This is the first thing you should do. Before you take a hard nose hit, reinforce the motor mount. I will not elaborate here, visit this thread to find the information. It contains advice from other pilots and what I finally did to reinforce the mount. You should do this before you need it.

The zip tie behind the motor worked perfectly for me when I tried to bury the nose of my AB in the ground.

-- rstarchuk

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted from the RCGroups.com Discussion Forums. Visit us at

rstarchuk

Me again. The link I posted doesn't work but I weas able to get to the thread by searching 922187

I will try to give the link again