Hobby Zone Firebird/Fighterbird - anyone managed to change crystals ?

I have just ordered 3 of these for me and 2 friends, we have one already and the other two are being sent when they come in.

Has anyone tried to change the crystals in these, they don't appear to be obviously changable, but I assume these are just std crystals, but they are soldered in ? I haven't taken the plane or tx apart to check, but the tx certainly looks like an old Attack set.

It would be nice to be able to get another one, but until we know which channels the 2 on order will be, we don't know if they will clash.

Thanks for any info.

James.

Reply to
James Blackmore