Landing gear aerobird

Does anyone make a beefed up landing gear for the aerobird? It seems a little flimsy and constantly is bending back on soft landings.

Reply to
Cade

I wish I could get soft landings. I've just placed and order for a replacement fuselodge for my ABC. And I've only been flying in fields. My latest damage was from a nasty cratering where I must have hit the only rock in the field in a nose dive, and I managed to totally dislodge the motor mount so bad that the prop got ejected upon impact.

Doug

Reply to
Doug W

Ive seen some people add larger wheels but I still think the gear woul

bend. It would be nice to know if anyone has come up with a way t strengthen the landing gear. Although I would imagine some play is good to have to absorb some o the impact of landing. Well my landings anyway! :

-- Panic Flye

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Panic Flyer's Profile:

this thread:

Panic Flyer

I know a person who removed the L/G all together and just belly slides it on the grass. Doesn't seem to hurt the plane any unless of course he hits a tree. :) Just a suggestion.

Jim W.

Reply to
Black Cloud

Well after further examination I realized that the landing gear had been bent enough times to weaken it significantly. (Due to grass landings) So a new landing gear seemed to fix this temporarily! I also made new gear out of a coat hanger which seemed to be alot more rigid.

Also found that near boiling water softened the nose enough to push it out with your thumb.

Thanks for the replys.

Cade

Reply to
Cade

Hello, Where did you order the fuselage from? I nosedived mine right into the ground and the v-tail broke. I have done a lot of repairs on my plane.....but the broken v-tail is not fixable. I tried but it won`t fly. I have tried many searches on the net for this part. There are lots of sites that offer the plane itself but I can`t find one that offers this replacement part. Some used to but don`t now.....they say this part is not available. TIA Dan. more.....

I hear ya on the dislodged motor mount. I did the tie strap fix for this before I flew mine so I never had that problem. Right in front of the motor and behind it drill a small hole in the fuselage....just big enough to slip a small tie strap in and around the front and back of the motor. That will fix it in place. Worked for me. Good luck flying. Dan.

Reply to
Mason121

Mason121,

Can't you cut it shorter & re-set tail controls due to shortening?

--

Jim L.

Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 4.5, & WinXP Pro w/SP1

Reply to
Jim Lilly

Unless the boom is broken, a replacement tail kit includes the foam, v-shaped plastics holder, control horns and screws.

-- Dave Thompson

Reply to
Dave Thompson

The boom is not broken.....just they orange tail.

Thanks for the link and info. I have ordered the replacement part. This is so cool. :) Hopefully I will be flying again soon. Dan.

Reply to
Mason121