Modeltech Magic for second plane?

I started flying some years ago on an Eagle 2 (unfortunately lost in a move), then started flying a Big Stik 40, which I was making good progress with. I was far from having it mastered, when I lost it in a tragic and spectacular mid-air this past weekend. A freak accident, both planes pretty much in the pattern, and a good 150 yards out from the flight line...

Anyway, a guy I know offered to sell me a Magic, ready to fly, for a very good price. It's tempting, as I have so little time right now that even assembling an ARF tends to take me half a year.

My question is, how much trouble would I likely get into with this plane? If I reduce the throws, might it be appropriate for a second/third plane? Or should I go back to a Stick or 4-Star or some other oft-recommended second plane?

Thanks in advance for the collective wisdom of this forum.

Reply to
F7768

The Magic isn't too hard to fly. If you were doing OK with your Stick, I think you'd be alright. Just remember it's not designed to be blasted around at full throttle, and don't try to learn to knife-edge with it, it won't......

PCPhill

Reply to
PCPhill

I fly one and think if you reduce the throws, and practice throttle management you'll probably be okay. There aer definitely times I get my heart rate up...LOL. Remember to run it on a very flat prop, I think I'm running something like a 12 x 3.75 APC on an OS .46 with a downpointing muffler. Probably ground down to about an 11 x 3.75 by now. Let us all know how you do. Andy

We can make a box of wood.....FLY!!

Reply to
RCPILOT48