Second plane

I got a BigStic60 and a easySport40. Whitch one is best for second plane?

tks

Reply to
nebulus

What's your first plane?

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

I've had a Big Stik 40 and an Easy Sport. The Big Stik is gentler, almost like another trainer. The Easy Sport's a bit heavy and really requires a good .46 to fly well, but it's more aerobatic.

Morris

Reply to
AeroMutt

I had an aAeroStar40 whit os40la, Kadet40 whit Super Tiger 45ABC and now i fly NextStar 40 whit the Super Tiger.

The first two ware crashed while doing loops and inverted fly

Reply to
nebulus

Nebulus:

Perhaps your name says it all? I don't think you're ready for a new plane for quite sometime. You want to know when you're ready? When you have flow your current plane for at least a full season with destroying it. If you do, then the time starts back at zero with a trainer.

However, I can recommend a good durable acrobatic model with gentle trainer like qualities: the Lucky Stick by Model Tech (

). This little plane has a balsa sheeted foam wing with balsa tips, and a very well constructed fuselage (for a balsa model that is). Also you can buy replacement parts like the wing and fuselage.

Ciao,

Mr Akimoto

Reply to
Mr Akimoto

I started flying on the NexStar and I bought a second-hand Easy Sport as a second plane. I'd heard that the Easy Sport flew heavy, but mine came with an O.S. .40 FX and several club members who flew Easy Sports in the past commented that they were surprised at how well the combination flew.

A stik variant was on my list of second planes, too. I ended up with the Easy Sport because I got lucky with an E-Bay bid and got it cheap. My own opininion is that either plane you mentioned would be a good second plane as long as you don't jump right into flaps or flapersons with the stik right away.

If you still have your O.S. .40 LA and you want a good second plane to fly with that engine, look for a lighter weight .40 stik like the Thunder Tiger Tiger Stik 40. It's tough to find a .40 sized airframe that performs well with the .40 LA. Other options might include the Avistar (semisymetrical wing trainer) or a Great Planes SlowPoke Sport 40. Thunder Tiger has a new semi-symetrical trainer called the Pegasus 40 that should be a good match for a .40 LA also.

Trust me when I say the Avistar and the Pegasus would be much more aerobatic than the NexStar you're currently flying. The extreme dihedral and the flat bottomed wing of the NexStar make it hard to do even basic aerobatics, but it is a terrific trainer.

Reply to
Ed Paasch

| I had an aAeroStar40 whit os40la, Kadet40 whit Super Tiger 45ABC and | now i fly NextStar 40 whit the Super Tiger. | | The first two ware crashed while doing loops and inverted fly

I think you're a little too late for your second plane. :)

As for your _fourth_ plane, once you're ready to stop crashing trainers, perhaps an Ultrastick 40 or one of the other Stick planes? The US40 flies almost as stably as a trainer, but can do lots of aerobatics.

Reply to
Doug McLaren

SPAD Dominator! Fun, cheap, durable....

Good flying, desmobob