becoming a sparky

hi i have just finished college i have achived a c&g in electrical installations i have abit of experince in the filed i wuld like to
start appyling for jobs do i need any other qulifications? whats the best way to go about it and get my dream job. At the moment i have a c&g 2330 part 1 and 2. Thanx to all those who help

English helps

unlucky 4u m8 if u only cn speak english. learing alsorts help

Bizarre
On 6/12/07 6:55 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@j4g2000prf.googlegroups.com,

Although I do not know what c&g means, I do know that your opportunities in EE would improve if your spelling improves.
Bill -- Support the troops. Impeach Bush. Oh, I forgot about Cheney.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:

Now is not a good time to go looking for work as an electrician. There are thousands of experienced electricians over here from the Continent, willing to live 8 to a room and work for orzeszki ziemne.
You could consider joining the armed forces. They have lots of uses for electricians and electricity, although possibly less imaginative uses than their American counterparts in places like Cuba and Iraq. Your British Nationality would be an advantage in gaining such employment - although be quick, as they are rapidly realising that it doesn't really matter where the blood they spill in Iraq comes from, as long as it isn't blue.
City and Guilds is a good starting point. It does mean that you can recognise an electrical wire when you see one. You thus have a head start over many of the qualified continentals you would be competing against for work. Especially those from Elbonia. From your masterly use of English, I would assume that you are a fairly recent product of our World-Leading Educational System that achieves so much with so little. So you could try asking at the local Job Centre Plus about Modern Apprenticeships with local companies. As the person behind the desk will also be a recent product of the same system, I'd advise you to write "modurn aprentyshit" with your crayon, when completing the form for her. Otherwise she might not understand and you could end up on the graduate fast track civil service entry scheme.
Alternatively, you could try approaching local companies directly. I'd suggest making the first contact by telephone, rather than by letter.
But why work? It's deadly dull. Convert to a suitable religion, get yourself 4 wives and produce 23 children and you will have a bigger income and a bigger house in 2 years* than a lifetime of hard slog as a sparky. And you get to stay in bed all day generating number 25..
*For those that question how 2 years wedded bliss, even with 4 wives, could result in 23 children, I would remind them that those assessing benefit claims have also received the same World-Class Education..
--
Sue

LOL Brilliant!
Palindr☻me wrote:

If he took sex education at that college he won't be generating any kids.
Ed

lol didnt need sex education in school thats 4 dows who dnt no mayb like u i learn the real way on site get me

Maybe you will one day develop the facility to spell correctly and talk english. Then you won't be stuck on a building site for the rest of your life.

u havent got a clue wot the hell ur on about do u m8 who u chatting 2 ur self

My case proven

well done u want a medal 4 that

I don't need one I have 20 years experiance in the feild, I have city and guilds 2361+2, 2380, 2391, 2400, 2377, and 2078 i am the NICEIC QS for my company, i`m earning 33k per year for a 40 hour week with pension, company car and private medical insurance. I am HV /AP and i also do some consultancy for clients. In fact i am the sort of person that you should be trying to get a job from. So try to learn to communicate properly and lose the chip from your shoulder then you might get somewhere
Gav

thank you for your advice its just i dont like the piss taken out of me because i cant or shall i say can not spell properly. If you have helpfull advice for me i will be more then happy to listen thank you

thank you for your advice its just i dont like the piss taken out of me because i cant or shall i say can not spell properly. If you have helpfull advice for me i will be more then happy to listen thank you
Before you send a mail use the F7 key to spell check. Did you do the course on day release or night? Did you fund it yourself? Also get used to having the piss taken because even at 40 years of age my guys still do it to me. It is a part of life especially on site

Heh ! I think that he (in partcular) would very soon become aware of that one :-)
--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P

yer the course took 3years on a day release. Y?
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.co.uk wrote:
<snip>

I've done the lot for bits of paper at various times; full-time, block release, day release, night school, tutored and untutored distance learning, research posts, et al. Of those, night school was by far the most difficult. Anyone that sticks it, let alone gets half-way decent results, deserves a lot of respect.
Day release is high up there too - far too much time to forget things that are later needed.
--
Sue

I did c&g 2361+2 the old fashioned way but everything else was night school except HV/AP whici i took a weeks holiday and 1400 to do.
Make yourself seen, get to be a regular on the trade counters, put up flyers at the trade counters, with their permission of course. Go through the yellow pages and send out lots of flyers. Pester, pester and pester again. Go to the local council and see if they have any vacancys. The more you show the more your likely to get there.
Good Luck
Gavin