Scott pics

Pictures of Scott now on webshots (Infernal combustion). Also Vincent which at second viewing is not that similar to Amanda. What I initially thought was the centrifugal clutch housing actually appears to be where the mag lives!

You will note that the Scott came on a quite nicely made wooden base with a pair of lister shearing brackets. Infact a label which I found in the cooling tank read "part restored shearing set" yeh right! If anybody out there needs the brackets, I need magneto money or even a mag :-)

Nick Highfield

Nice. What mag does it need? ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Usually seen with one of those smallish square bodied Lucas jobs, but any

1930's anti-clock single would do as I will have to make a mounting platform anyway. Drive sprocket is 20 tooth in 'bicycle chain' size.
Reply to
Nick Highfield

Gentlemen,

After working nearly seventy hours in five days last week I had a job locally today which meant I was home at just after 15:00 hrs which for me is very early. I know I thought, I will just check last nights postings to find Roland and Nick having a conflab and Kim passing some knowledge on during today. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS TO WORK ON THIS NEWSGROUP OR ARE YOU ALL ON EXTENDED LEAVE ? with the exception of Roland of course who is filthy rich and sends his wife out to earn a crust.. I am sitting here turning a light green colour, envy is the word I'm looking for but it will past and I will go about my business again in the knowledge that I am happy with my lot :-((

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Don't know about the others but, as my job has me sitting infront of a computer most of the time, it is easy to to take the odd peep at NG during the day. Whereas at home I have to drag myself away from whatever I'm doing, go upstairs and switch on the machine specially. So that is why you tend to hear more from me during working hours - probably against the rules but on the other hand I will most likely be here for another hour or so and I stopped getting paid at five.

BTW did you like the Webshots pic of my old Sunbeam Imp Sport?

Reply to
Nick Highfield

Actually we are dirt poor but so that you may go dark green it was my dear spouse who suggested I take the money and she return to work :-) As expected the pension scheme has since become contributory and the early-retirement penalties reimposed in spades. regards resting Roland.....

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Like Roland, I send my wife out to work as well and stay at home and look after the computer in case it gets lonely.

But there, I've got a bus pass, so may be seen as Entitled!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Yes thanks, mine is a earlier version, single headlamps etc.

Martin

Reply to
Campingstoveman

That's it put the blame on the "boss", her idea after you laid the seed for months and programmed her mind more like :-))

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Kim, I've got a bus pass too, it goes infrequently past the house every day :-))

Martin p

Reply to
Campingstoveman

EX-TERMINATE, we are the masters.....

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Yerst. I just pass busses, meself.

It caused a lot of amusement within the family when I spent a cheerful day in Manhatten riding the bus around the city, as I've not been on a bus in at least thirty years at home!

I'm with you entirely Roland. Better to have the time than the money, males in my family do have a habit of shuffling off this mortal coil untimely and I was determined to have ten years to meself. Done that, so I s'pose I'd better go back to work ;o))

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
J K Siddorn

I was lucky today - one precious day's holiday left to use, and some good weather so I've got the workshop sorted out now. Would be further towards done but for finding a nest of several fieldmice in a box of magnetos feasting on the silica gel! I think I've got rid of them but at least I know what to bait the trap with ;-)

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

"Dan Howden" said finding a nest of several fieldmice in a box of magnetos feasting on the silica gel! I think I've got rid of them but at least I

- be on the look out for very thirsty field mice, Dan............

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
J K Siddorn

That's no good, if you want to use it (the bus pass, i mean........)

Brian L Dominic

NB Rumpus

Web Sites: NB Rumpus:

Friends of the Cromford Canal:
Mid-Derbyshire Light Railway:
I may work for British Waterways, but my opinions are my own.

Reply to
Brian Dominic me

When Phillip Gallimore's article about Scott engines appeared in SE nearly

20 years ago, production was supposed to have run from about 1930 to '39. I shall have to write to the current Scott helpline incumbant to find out if any more detatiled information has emerged since.
Reply to
Nick Highfield

Mice, silica gel, bus passes, retirement funds, bunking off work early and shuffling coils. All life is here!

I like your Scott, Nick. Any idea of a date?

I'm sure those two aren't old enough to have bus passes. No wonder the country is in the state it's in. :-)

Regards, Arthur G

BTW like Nick I can check the NG and email at the office during the day, but I have to wait to look at webshots in the evening.

Reply to
Arthur Griffin & Jeni Stanton

That must leave the bog in a mess!!!!

Reply to