Scott pics

Pictures of Scott now on webshots (Infernal combustion). Also Vincent which at second viewing is not that similar to Amanda. What I initially thought
was the centrifugal clutch housing actually appears to be where the mag lives!
You will note that the Scott came on a quite nicely made wooden base with a pair of lister shearing brackets. Infact a label which I found in the cooling tank read "part restored shearing set" yeh right! If anybody out there needs the brackets, I need magneto money or even a mag :-)
http://community.webshots.com/user/n_highfield
--
NHH

Nice. What mag does it need? ttfn Roland

which
Usually seen with one of those smallish square bodied Lucas jobs, but any 1930's anti-clock single would do as I will have to make a mounting platform anyway. Drive sprocket is 20 tooth in 'bicycle chain' size.
--
NHH

"Roland and Celia Craven" < snipped-for-privacy@petternut.co.uk> wrote in message
Gentlemen,
After working nearly seventy hours in five days last week I had a job locally today which meant I was home at just after 15:00 hrs which for me is very early. I know I thought, I will just check last nights postings to find Roland and Nick having a conflab and Kim passing some knowledge on during today. AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS TO WORK ON THIS NEWSGROUP OR ARE YOU ALL ON EXTENDED LEAVE ? with the exception of Roland of course who is filthy rich and sends his wife out to earn a crust.. I am sitting here turning a light green colour, envy is the word I'm looking for but it will past and I will go about my business again in the knowledge that I am happy with my lot :-((
Martin P

mag
out
Don't know about the others but, as my job has me sitting infront of a computer most of the time, it is easy to to take the odd peep at NG during the day. Whereas at home I have to drag myself away from whatever I'm doing, go upstairs and switch on the machine specially. So that is why you tend to hear more from me during working hours - probably against the rules but on the other hand I will most likely be here for another hour or so and I stopped getting paid at five.
BTW did you like the Webshots pic of my old Sunbeam Imp Sport?
--
NHH

"Campingstoveman" < snipped-for-privacy@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
Yes thanks, mine is a earlier version, single headlamps etc.
Martin

me
during
ALL
rich
Actually we are dirt poor but so that you may go dark green it was my dear spouse who suggested I take the money and she return to work :-) As expected the pension scheme has since become contributory and the early-retirement penalties reimposed in spades. regards resting Roland.....

looking
knowledge
That's it put the blame on the "boss", her idea after you laid the seed for months and programmed her mind more like :-))
Martin P

rich
EX-TERMINATE, we are the masters.....

for
Like Roland, I send my wife out to work as well and stay at home and look after the computer in case it gets lonely.
But there, I've got a bus pass, so may be seen as Entitled!
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Kim, I've got a bus pass too, it goes infrequently past the house every day :-))
Martin p

Yerst. I just pass busses, meself.
It caused a lot of amusement within the family when I spent a cheerful day in Manhatten riding the bus around the city, as I've not been on a bus in at least thirty years at home!
I'm with you entirely Roland. Better to have the time than the money, males in my family do have a habit of shuffling off this mortal coil untimely and I was determined to have ten years to meself. Done that, so I s'pose I'd better go back to work ;o))
Regards,
Kim
J K Siddorn wrote in message ...

That must leave the bog in a mess!!!!
On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 17:18:28 -0000, "Campingstoveman"
said:

That's no good, if you want to use it (the bus pass, i mean........)
Brian L Dominic
NB Rumpus
Web Sites: NB Rumpus: www.nbrumpus.co.uk Friends of the Cromford Canal: www.cromfordcanal.org.uk Mid-Derbyshire Light Railway: http://www.mderbyshire.lightrailway.btinternet.co.uk/index.html
I may work for British Waterways, but my opinions are my own.

ON
I was lucky today - one precious day's holiday left to use, and some good weather so I've got the workshop sorted out now. Would be further towards done but for finding a nest of several fieldmice in a box of magnetos feasting on the silica gel! I think I've got rid of them but at least I know what to bait the trap with ;-)
Regards
Dan
"Dan Howden" said <snip!> finding a nest of several fieldmice in a box of magnetos feasting on the silica gel! I think I've got rid of them but at least I

- be on the look out for very thirsty field mice, Dan............
Regards,
Kim
Mice, silica gel, bus passes, retirement funds, bunking off work early and shuffling coils. All life is here!
I like your Scott, Nick. Any idea of a date?
I'm sure those two aren't old enough to have bus passes. No wonder the country is in the state it's in. :-)
Regards, Arthur G
BTW like Nick I can check the NG and email at the office during the day, but I have to wait to look at webshots in the evening.

When Phillip Gallimore's article about Scott engines appeared in SE nearly 20 years ago, production was supposed to have run from about 1930 to '39. I shall have to write to the current Scott helpline incumbant to find out if any more detatiled information has emerged since.
--
NHH