Mercury OT

OK then chaps

I need about 30ml of mercury to reinstate a barometer that my sister has acquired. At my previous place of work I had about half a pint in a (very heavy ) bottle, but such things are no more.

As we seem to have a wide base of knowledge in this NG, its got to be the place to ask!

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
ClaraNET

Dredge the Mawdach estuary:-) regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Reply to
CHARLES HAMILTON SNR

Have you tried Fisher Scientific, or any of the other laboratory suppliers?

Alternatively Goodfellow Metals, but they are probably expensive !!

In message , ClaraNET writes

Reply to
John Ambler

i've run across mercury fille relays that i keep in case my manometers for motorcycle carburetors breaks/fails. these each have possibly 2 to 3 cc each. i realise that that's a small amount but each bit helps. good luck, sam

Reply to
sammmm

Small quantities and expensive, but convenient.

Andy Dingley

Thanks to all who replied to my query. Dredging an estuary , Roland :-)), is marginally less convenient than driving up to Northampton to collect a small bottle...... I wonder why you can't send it by post?

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
Philip THornton-Evison