US Army elite airborne division heads to Puerto Rico

The people still hanging around alt.survival really missed the boat in the last couple of weeks. All kinds of survival-related events and nobody thought them worthy of posting in a survival group. So sad. Puerto Rico is like a case study in how people might react to and EMP attack. No electricity, cell phones, water . . . .

rt.com US Army elite airborne division heads to Puerto Rico ? RT America

4-5 minutes

The US Army?s elite 101st Airborne Division is sending eight medevac helicopters and more than 70 service members to Puerto Rico to help in the recovery efforts following Hurricane Maria.

It?s the first time the 75-year-old army unit has been deployed to assist in a hurricane relief effort, a spokesman for the 101st told WCBS News.

Many residents remain without basic necessities six days after Hurricane Maria, a which reached Category 4 status battered the island with winds of over 150 mph (241 kmh), killing at least 16 people and leaving 3.4 million residents without power and nearly half of the population without access to drinking water.

Only 21 of the 69 hospitals on the island have power or fuel, according to WCBS. The Puerto Rico Electric Power Authority reported 80 percent of the transmission system and 100 percent of the distribution system are damaged.

The Army Corps of Engineers have reported that the Guajataca Dam, which was earlier reported ?cracked? and in danger of failing, was intact but in need of reinforcement to ensure stability.

The San Juan International Airport and seven other airports are open, or open with restrictions, and the Port of San Juan and seven other sea ports are open or open with restrictions.

Many residents are waiting for help from the federal or Puerto Rican government, but the scope of the devastation is so vast and relief efforts have so far been concentrated in San Juan, with many people outside the capital saying they have received little to no help, according to AP.

Puerto Rico is 1,000 miles (1,609 km) away from the US mainland.

Read more A flooded street is seen in the Juana Matos neighbourhood in Catano

Shipping restrictions and port damage

The US Department of Homeland Security is considering a request by Congressional members to waive shipping restrictions on Puerto Rico. Under the Marine Merchant Act of 1920, commonly known as the Jones Act, all goods shipped between waterborne ports of the US must be carried by vessels built in the US and owned and operated by Americans.

?The island is now facing an unprecedented uphill battle to rebuild its homes, businesses and communities. Temporarily loosening these requirements ? for the express purpose of disaster recovery ? will allow Puerto Rico to have more access to oil needed for its power plants, food, medicines, clothing, and building supplies,? wrote Representative Nydia Velazquez (D-New York) Monday in a joint letter along with seven other members of Congress.

The Jones Act was suspended from September 8 through 22 to allow shipments to Texas and Florida in the wake of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. Puerto Rico was included under that waiver for petroleum products but the Trump administration hasn?t issued a similar decree after Hurricane Maria. A request for a pass must be in the interest of national defense, according to the law.

The congressional letter also calls for the DHS to forgo federal regulations that requires Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) to enter into a cost-sharing agreements with the state, or in this case Puerto Rico.

FEMA is the government agency that assists states when there are disasters due to hurricane damage or such related natural disasters. The central government and local authorities enter into agreement to share costs in the recovery and rebuilding efforts. Sometimes they match government funds or match a portion of the amount of funding.

Congresswoman Velazquez argued that the island?s current economic conditions have already pushed its scant financial resources to breaking point.

There are several thousand US federal employees already helping in Puerto Rico helping with the recovery efforts. Those federal workers have supplied diesel to generators at hospitals and delivered food and water to worst affected communities across the island. They have also repaired air traffic control units and power at the airport, while the Coast Guard has worked with local authorities to restore the sea ports as the island is almost completely dependent on imports.

FEMA is preparing to ship 350 satellite telephones to help response communications across Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. The disaster agency has asked the defense department for additional medical support for both islands.

Also check out:

Steve from Colorado

What makes you think that we have been ignoring it? I should mention...that Puerto Rico is a pretty small body of land..and has less population than the city of Los Angeles City..which has a population of 4 million in an area 501 square miles.

In fact...Puerto Rico could FIT inside of LA county proper. That leaves the vast majority of California unmolested. LA county (not city) is 4,751 square miles.

Similar in size to Connecticut, encompassing 3,492 square miles Population: 3.8 million. As a state it would be considered mid-sized by population measure, very close to Connecticut in population.

The population of Connecticut is 3,574,097..so its got 300,000 less people than Puerto Rico.

So what could we learn from this sad event and Puerto Rico?

Not a hell of a lot that we dont already know.

Shrug. They are out of food and water and a fair number of them are going to die in the next couple months. We may be able to feed and water them...but the sewer plants are mostly destroyed...so it will be a breeding ground for disease and pestulence. Thousands are....ARE going to die.

I know that if I lived there..Id steal a boat and head for the mainland of America. We are going to be seeing massive boat lifts/air lifts going both directions when they figure it out..and the gangs start fighting each other and the public for food and water. Now where are we going to be putting all those people? The illegal aliens have a lock on the freebie goods and services. So where..where to we put them? New Jork Shitty?

Hummm? Thousands will die. And there is nothing we can do about it.

Shrug

Reply to
Gunner Asch

They would be a big improvement on Olive Ave!

Remind everyone... how much is your family receiving each month in dole and free healthcare? How many generations of Wiebers getting freebies... so far? What about those discounts on power and gas? How the hell can you have the unmitigated gall to claim that others "have a lock" on free goods and services, when your family has received so much? Over a million to your wife alone in free health care! Hundreds of thousands to the rest of you, with no end in sight!

Lots will be done, and if it were up to me I'd cut off all future freebies to your squat so that you could finally walk your lying ass hypocrite talk, or die whining.

Reply to
Five To One

Dole? Sorry jizzlips..no Dole here. Last year we got food stamps for 5 months, at the first half of the year then when work started picking up, we were no longer qualified. Discounts on power and gas? See above. No longer qualified.

As I stated...Im not doing as good as I want to be..but Im doing much better than I was.

Seems you are rather ignorant (but thats been obvious for years) about me...you only get the odd thing or two correct..though its funny as hell to watch your wishful thinking (VBG), then things change and you are still batting at a ball that has long been moved to another field.

You really ARE a stupid f*ck. Its funny as hell to watch you batting at things that are no longer there. (VBG)

So who is paying for your room at the mental hospital?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

The mighty Wieber, self-described survivalist, who in the past has told tall tales about having fed his neighbors during an emergency, finally admits he relied on food stamps. The thing is Mr. Phony Survivalist, many readers assumed, probably correctly, that you've always been on food stamps!

Why do you imagine anyone might believe that?

No. Your word is worthless. Sensible readers will go by your lien list.

The most recent filing was Aug 21. There were 3 in 2016, one of which was a THIRD ten year extension! Using another barometer, according to you, in 2001 you could do laundry at home, in between bouts of septic ooze. But now you must schlep your duds and your quarters to the laundromat. You're circling the drain. Powerless to stop it or hide it.

LOL I get my facts from your county recorder, and my anecdotes from YOUR posts. What I write is correct. Too bad you're the most incompetent liar on Usenet, and that you don't like having failed to prevent your fables from contradicting one another.

Reply to
Five To One

Sure did. For 5 months. We were feeding 8 people and my income wasnt enough.

And?

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Who do you expect to believe you're a survivalist when you admit you can't even make it in normal times?

No, that's just another stupid excuse nobody believes.

Your wife's SS makes her the main breadwinner. Of course it's not so much bread as smokes and soda.

Reply to
Five To One

Normal times? When were those?

Ask the regulars here. Shrug.

Im also currently feeding 28 dogs. Thats $100 a week.

The opinion of a hate filled fringe kook mental home resident is funny as hell and gives all the readers much amusement. Now back to what you asked for....

"If you really want to know about mistakes, you should ask your parents."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

No answer, what a shock.

My whole life, same as everybody except losers who blame their troubles on anything and everything. I thought you phony survivalists divided history into normal and TEOTWAWKI. If the current era isn't normal, then what is it? And why is it so easy for people like me to do well, and so hard for you?

LOL Are they going to explain why the other 7 people needed to live off your food stamps instead of getting their own?

Typical deadbeat hoarding priority. You'll have another "accidental" litter or two next spring, and you'll call it "rescuing."

Speaking of amusement...where's the registration you promised for Hotel Econoline?

Nope. Your parents warned you about all the mistakes, same as everybody else did. But you prefer proving everyone wrong by continuing to fail.

Reply to
Five To One

You mean your life has been one boring string? Good luck with that.

Good question.

Next spring? Dogs are fertile on average 3-4 times a year.

"I heard your mom got fired from her job at the sperm bank - the boss caught her drinking on the job."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Just a normal life. You know, get a job, buy a home, move on up until retirement. Easy to do if you're normally intelligent. Are you trying to say that there's something good about your alternative of being a deadbeat dole scrounger survivalist wannabe? Do tell...

Huh? Why do I need luck for something that's already happened, nitwit?

Wieber can't answer, as usual.

Wieber can't answer, as usual.

Seems like one you could answer easily if the story wasn't BS.

I think you just tacitly confirmed that more litters are coming. What a shock.

And where's your answer about the registration for Hotel Econoline? "Delayed" again, right? LOL When are you going to stop pretending that thing is anything but another yard ornament?

Reply to
Five To One

You mean you have reached the end of your life already? Good! So when is the viewing so I can piss into your coffin?

Answer what? You were simply standing on your stump and flailing your arms and preaching. No answer necessary.

Answer what? You were simply standing on your stump and flailing your arms and preaching. No answer necessary.

Ive talked about it often enough. My kid and his family number (4), Doty and Ryan were (2) and my wife and myself number (2). Sounds like (8) to me. So after you died, you forgot how to count?

I believe you missed the part I talked about having 8 dogs neutered so far? Then the dog catcher brought over (9) 1 week old pups after the mother had been run over. Or were you standing on your stump and flailing your arms in self rightious self congratulations again and missed it?

(Grin)

Im waiting for you to wind yourself up really good..then I get to shear off the supports. It will be Glorious!!

Im curious...what goal are you reaching for? Self aggrandizement or are you trying to "teach me a lesson"? We all understand that you are a self rightous sadist...but you persist in trying to shame me for..what reason? Hoping Ill go away? If I do "leave"..who else will then become your target? What are you trying to accomplish? Obviously its not working very well. Shrug Normal people would give it a few pointed jabs..realize the the other person isnt listening..then drop it. Are you that desperate for personal self importance that you HAVE to have someone to "pick on" to make yourself feel good? Hummm?

(VBG)

You really are NOT a "normal" person. Its become obvious you are one sick, twisted puppy who finds joy in trying to put me down. Its not working..but that doesnt stop you. Shrug.

And you call ME a slow learner....snicker....

Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

LOL Another Wieber non sequitur with a question mark. But not a word to justify your notion that being a lifelong loser is good because it's "interesting."

Right, so long as you want readers to agree that your notion that there were never any "normal times," was ridiculous diversionary BS.

The obvious question I asked: "And why is it so easy for people like me to do well, and so hard for you?"

C'mon windbag, where's your explanation?

You have two problems.

  1. Nobody believes any part of your excuses, because you have zero credibility.
  2. Nobody believes 7 other people need to live off your food stamps instead of getting their own. No doubt that your kid's family, if they even lived with you at the time, were already on welfare.

Who cares what BS you come up with. Everybody knows you'll have more litters because you always have more litters. And you'll continue to pretend that all your dog hoarding is "rescuing."

Translation: There will be no registration of the junk van. Only more talk about doing it someday. Same as the junk motorcycles and junk motorhome. But you've been talking this nonsense for at least a decade and now you're in your mid sixties. It isn't going to happen, largely because you spend so much time talking instead of doing.

Same reason I've done it for all the other people issuing death threats. Oh wait, you're the only one doing that.

The slowest I've ever known. Newsflash: you were wrong when you thought you could get away with make death threats. There's a price to be paid. Good for me that you keep pretending you enjoy paying it, and that it's one of your great enjoyments that make your life "interesting."

Reply to
Five To One

I simply asked what was "normal times"...and who was covered under it by your definiton. I note you are unable to give a clear answer to either question. About what I expected, in fact.

People Like You? Perhaps Im "not like you"?

See above.

Oh I have multiple problems. Was there any question?

Actually..it not. He was having trouble getting his SSI. All better now..but then...shrug.

Oh of course. This coming from the guy convicted of abusing your neighbors cats.

(Grin)

Death threats? I dont make death threats. I may give warnings, I may suggest that certain behaviors might end up poorly...but I never make a direct serious threat. Least not on Usenet. Face to face on the other hand....I still give warnings long before any other action is performed. Is that why you keep hiding your name and ID? You are actually afraid of me? My goodness..thats a most astonishing admission on your part. Why would you be afraid of me? Afterall..Im a pitiful bragart who couldnt harm a protozoa, according to you. And its true!

(VBG)

Death threats directed at you? Please provide cites. And dates of course.

I notice you clipped out my questions about why you are doing this. Are you actually that afraid of me that you must hide while showing everyone what a little turd muncher you are? Is this the "great act of defiance" that little children do, from high up, out in their bedroom window? "Knowing" that their parents will be between them and the "bad person"?

So please provide death threats Ive made to " snipped-for-privacy@td.com"

Double dog dare you.

Laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh!!

Widdle boi...pissing in your pants...afraid Ill find out who you are....

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

... and I told you - all the time, for everyone except idiots. But still you refuse to explain why you expect anyone to believe that you can do well after TEOTWAWKI when you can't make it in normal times.

Normal people. Not lifelong losers who ludicrously claim to be normal people living in abnormal times.

"Perhaps?" LOL

No kidding!

Why do you imagine anyone will believe your stories? Name the readers that are that stupid.

Apparently you expect readers to believe that someone waiting for one kind of charity is ineligible for food stamps. Your story is BS.

Always with the over the top BS. How's that working out?

Who do you think you're fooling? A month or a year from now you'll have forgotten this thread, and be talking about registering the junk van again. But the archives will remember and it'll be everyone laughing at you again.

No need to prove what everyone already knows about the "great cull" and "the list." It's all BS, a ludicrous expression of your warped fantasies. Now you'd like to walk it back and pretend that claiming to put names on a death list is what, harmless fibbing? Nothing wrong with you continuing to insist it's true so long as you don't mind being mocked. That's how it's going to be because you're not man enough to own up to the lying, and you have nothing to lose anyway.

Reply to
Five To One

If that was your answer..you are a bigger moron than Id expected you to be. Can you even walk and chew gum at the same time????

You are hardly "normal people". Psychopaths such as yourself usually are in prison at this point in life.

Thank Crom!!

As do you. That's a given.

Many here are aware of the facts. I seldom if ever lie. You personally may not believe me..but..shrug..you are a moron as noted above. And mentally ill as witnessed by your constant need to pick on someone to make yourself feel "bigger". Shrug.

SSI is charity? Really? They moved in with us, signed up for both food stamps and he submitted his application for SSI and it was quite some time before getting either one approved. Then they moved to Utah (thank Crom) where they live now. You have some issues with that? He is disabled. So you are now going to go off on a disabled person..right?

No idea. Not a something that concerns me in the slightest.

(VBG)

So in other words..you are unable to provide any cites that I personally threatened you..yet you have decided that I've threatened you directly..so you are going to attack me at every twist and turn of your feeble mind.,,,,after claiming I threatened you.

You really are a twisted, mental case....snicker..and you call me f***ed up and a liar ..when you demonstrate being both with each of your posts.

Keep up the good work, munchkin...its fun to watch you slit your own belly with each post.

(VBG)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Huh. Seems like all you need to do is have your "computer wienies" present your evidence to the authorities. I guess you're too busy setting speed records and such.

Ok, name them. I ask because no one backs your lies any more. Which is another way you've regressed.

LOL Reread that sentence and see if you can tell where you gave away the game.

In your family's case, absolutely. None of you have contributed more than a pittance compared to what you're receiving. You're leeches, you know it, and every reader knows it.

You know full well that your compulsion to BS has contributed a lot to your ruination. For example, it's the single biggest reason you can't get a job.

Then why bother wriiting new BS to defend the old?

Something tells me that readers won't find your VBGs equal to a photo of the registration. The obvious question is why you spend so much time talking around the issue instead of simply posting a photo. So what was the point of all the stories when you know that nobody believes them?

Ok, here are a few samples spanning a 7 year period, of your hundreds of death threats .

So your life span is less than 2 yrs. Id strongly suggest that you get your affairs in order, Ive submitted your name to the List...shrug.

Ive submitted his name to those keeping the List and with luck, he will be killed this year during the Great Cull.

Im glad..so very glad that I submitted your name to the List. And for the reasons Ive already mentioned. I hope it takes a very..very long time for you to breath your last breath. And much...agony.

So there is no doubt that according to you, who frequently claims to never lie , that you have engaged in conspiracy to murder. But what do YOU call it? And what was all the time you spent writing out that BS supposed to do for you?

Reply to
Five To One

Conspiracy to commit murder? Conspiracy with whom?

(VBG)

Nameless individuals who will never be traced as there are at least 3 cutouts between those suggesting people for the List..and those keeping the List?

(VBG)

So where are the direct threats you keep babbling about?

Statements of fact, are hardly threats. What threatening has been done? "Stop that or Ill kick your ass"..is a threat. The above links you provided, were mere statements of fact. A heads up. A warning of things to come. Have I ever told anyone to stop doing any anything on Usenet? Hardly.

You pay to play. In your case it will be most interesting.

Shrug.

Now isnt it time for you to change your nym again, you frightened little turdlette?

(Plink)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yes, you worked hard to convince people you were serious, and that they should be afraid of getting on your bad side. Which represents a hilarious incongruity between your plan and the result. But the best part is that it's fair to mock you for both the cull, and the phoniness of it.

Ah, so now in your infinite wisdom, you're reiterating that it's all real, but that you are complicit in trying to hide your co-conspirators. Is that what you plan to tell an HR person if you ever get a job interview? That you're not a whackjob because you ensured you had "cutouts?" No, you'd just lie and say you were playing a character for fun. No matter, you won't be getting the chance.

No, your feeble attempt to intimidate readers. Same as your claims to be suing. All BS, all the time. No lawyers, no suits. No cull, no list. No amazing escapades of any sort, just some unemployed broke dumbass loser yearning for some positive feedback in any echo chamber where there are like-minded crackpots.

I liken your stupid threats to a f***ss devouring a tub of ice cream. Both driven by an urge they can't resist, blocking out any thought of the easily foreseeable consequences.

When the going gets tough, the tough get going, right Wieber? I'll change my nym so you can pretend you didn't try to run away.

Reply to
Land Ho

Jesus, Gunner. That fantasy story probably overloaded your antivirus software, because it thinks that YOU are the virus and it was trying to kill your whole computer. Now it thinks that IT is a virus, itself.

Avast is sending out Maydays and begging for someone to pull the plug...

Reply to
Ed Huntress