Aerials from Southern Louisiana

The following URL:

&Dato=20050831&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=831003&R ef=PH

has a length of 109 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 24 characters:

Key

Just use brackets to keep it from breaking up...

Me

Goodness, Key. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of people have been killed in this disaster. Some are actually starving to death while others, even babies, have died of dehydration. This is a sad and serious situation, Doug. Please don't minimize it with pictures of damaged boats and property. Lives and the well being of the living are what's important now.

Reply to
Sgt Owens

wasn't trying to "minimize it" at all.. the pics were on our local papers url.

sure is !

Reply to
Key

Another bleeding heart that want to help those poor people. Poor people, my ass. Those people had two days advanced warning to leave, so now it's the whole country's fault their ass in a sling because they decided to stay in a slum that's below sea level. The storm was just another excuse to loot, rape, and kill each other. It provided the perfect opportunity to kill your enemies, and PIA relatives, with little chance of getting caught. With few exceptions, all that's left there is not even the bottom of the barrel, it's the welfare sludge at the bottom of the barrel... Who friggen' cares, as long as they kill each other off.

Send in the Military to shoot looters on sight, shoot any armed resistance, use armored troop carriers to take back the prisons, and turn the Superdome into a NEW prison. Once those low-lifes see a few of their bros shot for looting, raping, and killing, things will quickly get back under control and the good folk can start to repair the infrastructure.

Reply to
Me

To 'Me':

This world needs more bleeding hearts...

I think you need to take a very hard look at what you are saying and then come to realize that some people (the poorest of the poor like those that are now left behind in New Orleans) lack the resources to leave home in the face of danger even with "two days advanced warning"... To someone who isn't in such a situation in life this can be a mind-boggling concept... Some people living in America today don't have cars and also don't have the MONEY to be able to afford to PAY to use transportational services in order to evacuate an area when they are told to do so...

I would say that it is someone in the Federal Government's fault for choosing to pay for a war in Iraq than for investing in the infrastructure that protects a US city of some 500,000 residents... Ever since 9/11 the government's attention has been fixated on Homeland Security efforts and this event shows in a very clear way how foolish that fixation is... Sure there may exist new "diaster preparedness plans" and fancy new equipment to deal with terror attacks, but when the power for the whole city as well as communications goes out all the fancy computerized equipment becomes as worthless as those looted television sets... The very same narrow-mindedness on the part of government officials that citizens foolishly believe can and will keep them safe from the "bad guys" bombing them puts them in danger -- a lack of investment to improve or upgrade infrastructure and not being able to maintaining the existing infrastructure has put many untold millions of Americans in danger as they go about their daily lives, many more people are at risk from infrastructure related issues than terrorist attacks... As many people who are now trapped in what is left of New Orleans have made note of: the government can drop food and water to help Iraqis, but it seems they can not do such things to assist their own citizens...

Umm... As to your theories about how to "regain control" of the area -- that won't happen... Nowhere in the entire area of New Orleans nor the gulf coastal area can be used to "confine" those arrested... A "dentention center" needs to have basic utilities functioning in order to ensure the health and safety of those being confined as well as those whom are supervising their confinement...

I find it sickening that you marginalize the suffering of fellow human beings... I wonder if you would be so negative about things if the people in question (who are looting) were upper middle class suburbanites... Your attitude about what is going on there makes me think you would be one of the FIRST people to go off on a looting spree if you were in a similar situation...

Evan, ~~ formerly a maintenance man, now a college student...

Reply to
Evan

not everyone had the ability to leave. other didn't want to walk away form their lifes.

evidently you don't ! you definatly needing a clue.

yep, you are defiantly needing a clue.

no real need for you to reply with more of your insensitive responses.

Reply to
Key

Evan, he is just a jerk or a troll. (not much difference in the two)

Reply to
Key

Key, got the pics-had to rumble through the site.

There was, and I guess always "ridiculous looting", like appliances and ammentities-how will you use it with no power? STUPID. But grabbing the most shelf-stable food or water you can find- I could definitely understand that.

Also the diabetic guy grabbing strips for his test kit-If your life depends on it-you need it.

Not that it would not be a crime-but hopefully a less offence than stealing a beer truck and loading it with stereos.

my2. goma

Reply to
goma865

maybe the National Guard will put a stop to the looting ? never fails that there are always folks that take advantage at times like these.

Reply to
Key

I'm sure they will-when they get there.... I'm sure there are as many accounts of people saving lives and helping one another also.

goma.

Reply to
goma865

we should hope so !

sure there are, however, there is still no excuse for looting. I can't stand a thief..

my2

Reply to
Key

if you shoot them in the heart, the heart will bleed!

NO sure does look like somalia i'll give ya that.

i wonder if those africans in NO will start loading up cars with explosives and sending them towards the nat guard.

won't that be riot.

Reply to
billb