Dublin Trip

Gentlemen,

Last week I was in Dublin for three days and due to a few Project Engineer c*ck ups I am going back on Sunday evening for another three days. This time I'm taking my camera, I'm bound not to see anything to photograph but on my last visit I saw a Tram system, how long has Dublin had it John!, in the city with some nice looking Silver Trams and also posters for a tall ships gathering which would have been interesting to see. I'm also going to see John Dungan assuming work does not get in the way but then I wont waste an hour morning and night trying to drive four miles into the city to get to the hotel each day. This time I'm staying opposite the University of Dublin.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I'm bound not to see anything to photograph but on my last visit I saw a Tram system, how long has Dublin had it John!, in the city with some nice looking Silver Trams .

The trams are called the luas , And it's been in place about 2 years . It's a great way to get in and out of the city , without the hassle of parking the car, finding parking ! etc..

centre, with in comparison to over an hour long bus ride , its alot faster ! A good picture i found of both new and old if anyone's interested :

Looking forward to hopefully seeing you Martin ,

Regards, John

Reply to
jdungan100

Gentlemen,

I have not long arrived home from three more days in Dublin and on this visit I managed to take up an offer to meet John Dungan and his Family, here I must apologise to his Mum and Dad as I have completely forgotten thier names. I must say that I was made very welcome and was shown typical Irish friendship and that includes you Arthur :-)) John's interest in the hobby is immense and this is helped by his Father and Uncle who also have collectoritus from John Grandfather. I think John's Mum like my wife makes the Sandwiches :-)) He I must say for a seventeen year old makes my welding look pathetic especially as he managed to join a casting to steel plate. He does have one little quirk that I do like and that is he does the bartering and Dad does the paying. John and his Dad are planning to come to the Lister Tyndale this year so please all off you who meet them should make them feel as welcome as they did I. I would like to add praise to certain members of this group who have I think done thier best to help John with his interest and they are Arthur, Roland and Philip TE whose names came up in conversation many times during a very pleasant evening. Keep it up John and I will certainly be back for more and I hope your Dad finally got to bed :-))

Mart> Gentlemen,

Reply to
Campingstoveman

I will certainly be back for more and I hope your Dad finally got to bed :-))

Hi Martin,

It was a pleasure to meet you , and do look us up if your in dublin again ... And yes; my dad did get to bed :-)) !

Reply to
jdungan100