Coming Events - Ballater, NE Scotland, 9th - 17th August

Good evening,

There are probably not many people here interested in old toy trains, rather than model railways, but I'll take the liberty of posting details anyway :-) Hope no-one objects.

Trains will soon return to Ballater station, Royal Deeside, for the first time since 1966. I am displaying an O gauge layout on the platform, during our village's 'Victoria Week' celebrations, 9th to 17th

August :

The original station is now a Tourist Information office and museum, with part of the platform being protected from the elements by glass, and that is where you will find a display, 14' x 8', of O gauge toy trains, including Hornby, Lionel, Marx, Bing etc. There are four running lines, three electric and one clockwork, together with as many accessories as I can muster.

Please do come and say hello, whether you live in the area, or are visiting on holiday. I will be thrilled to meet fellow enthusiasts, and

will welcome visiting locos with open arms - my modest collection is going to be working hard, running for nine days!

There is one visiting loco already booked - the Hiawatha Tour will hopefully extend to Scotland, and, with a little luck, will arrive in time for the Victoria Week celebrations :

A few photos of the display in progress are here :

Finally, a plea - do *you* have any old O gauge bits and pieces tucked away, gathering dust somewhere? I'm looking for three tenders and an electric mech. :

Graeme