Photo.competition results announced !!

Right then chaps, this was NOT an easy decision to make.I've spent a long time going through the entries. All the pictures were of equally high quality....though I think too many of you are getting mesmerised by spinning flywheels:-) In the words of young Mr. Grace 'You've all done very well'

In FIRST place is Gary Millwards' superbly atmospheric shot of his big Lister N type driving a sawbench. The only possible improvement would have been to move the 'Morris' sign out of the picture...it always pays to look twice through the viwfinder before pressing the button!

In SECOND place is John Dungans' picture of the twin sideshaft Crossley ,taken at the Clonroche Steam Rally. Nicely framed, the lettering on the magneto is in focus,and a well chosen shutter speed just gives some movement to the governors and cam shaft. An excellent effort.

In THIRD place is the entry from Steve 'The Wild Eye' for his 'Out of Reach' I'm sure we've all been in the position of being able to see an engine and yet for some reason being unable to do anything about it...I think this picture sums up the frustration very well.

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Well done all! If Gary would like to let me have his address of list, I'll ensure his box of chocolates arrives on his door mat ;o))

Regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Reply to
martin hirst

"philipte" wrote (snip):-

I had my fingers crossed for that one - very well deserved I think.

Reply to
Nick H

Well done to the proud winners.

I'll bring down some beer to IF at New Year, if you're going, Gary.

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

Thanks philip, i've had the last two days off work with a bad back :-(( so its made my day, after seeing the other high quality entrants I really did'nt think it would win. we don't often take photos at the farm its almost impossible not to have some item of junk in shot. Thanks for the complements folks. All the best, Gary Millward

Reply to
gary millward

Hello ,

I'm delighted to get 2nd place , well done to gary for coming 1st ;and steve taking 3rd. Thanks to Martin for having the idea of the comp and philip for judging it . It must have been a hard job to judge indeed ,as there was some very good picture's in there.

Regards, John

Reply to
jdungan100

Erm, any links or URLs for the winners?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Dave, all the pics are at

Regards, Gary M.

gary millward

Gentlemen,

Sorry that I have not responded earlier, I've just had three days Hols and spent yesterday with my Mum who lives in Bury St Edmunds, where I was dragged up as a lad, and did not get home till late last night. I would first like to say thank you to Philip, taking the picture is the easy bit, judging is the impossible job as we all know from our engine exploits :-))

Anyway as you know the winners already I wont bore you except to say well done to Gary, must get a saw bench and stay away from flywheels, John for coming second and Steve " Wild Eye" for third.

If Gary contacts Martin Hirst about the memory stick and John and Steve contact me with addresses etc I will forward onto them the wine etc I promised.

Finally if you are all agreed then we should do this again next year with a bit more notice and time and a few more entrants. I'll knock up a list of rules etc and see how we will do this time. As Christmas Is coming I've dropped big hints about buying myself my next Digital so watch out :-))

Martin P

philipte wrote:

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reply to
martin hirst

I never thought in a million years that my photo would get any chance of a place in this competition . It just goes to prove that you dont need a fancy camera to take a good pic .

I nearly lost a good pair of shoes getting this pic so third place makes up for the hour that it took to clean of all the mud

It is a great idea to make this competition a permanent end of year event

Merry Christmas to everyone

Steve

The wild eye

Well, as I said, it wasn't an easy task to judge the pictures, but I did rather enjoy doing it. If the competition is run again next year, I'd be very happy to do the judging should I be asked :-)) Wouldn't mind a new digital camera myself I must admit.......

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte