Foot powered forge blower?

I am looking for a picture or drawings for a foot powered forge blower. When in Prague in 1999 we saw one at a festival in the old town area, but I didn't get a picture of it. The blacksmith's forge was a very lightweight affair with what looked like a treadle powered sewing machine mechanism driving the blower. The blower was run by one foot since the smith had to be standing when using it.

Any help would be appreciated, Pete Stanaitis

-------------------------

Reply to
spaco

And have a flywheel and it will go when you take a break or have to move. It also keeps a steady force. Sounds like a good concept to me.

Mart> I am looking for a picture or drawings for a foot powered forge blower.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I remember seeing one of those, are you going to build one?

You could scavenge an old treadle sewing machine and a Buffalo Forge Blower, maybe.

Regards Charles

spaco wrote:

Reply to
Chilla

Reply to
spaco

The message from spaco contains these words:

Brave man doing that wearing a white shirt!

Reply to
Guy King

And no other safety gear...

Reply to
jpolaski

Did it myself with minimal gear, burnt myself lots that day, so now gear up to the max. Looks like I'm wearing hazmat gear :-D

Regards Charles

Reply to
Chilla

The message from snipped-for-privacy@rgs.uci.edu contains these words:

The one thing I won't do most jobs without are goggles and earmuffs.

Reply to
Guy King

Brave - yea right. His wife would hug him for shopping. Notice the box on the left (his) on the ground - tennis shoes - and the wares outside for show and tell. The guy in a suit in the door way -

Simply a guy there looking at a forge with wishful eyes and his lover snapping a picture of the things she wants.

Martin

Mart> The message

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

The message from "Martin H. Eastburn" contains these words:

I've done worse.

Perhaps we need to steal a thread from uk.rec.sheds on "Old Enough To Know Better".

My latest OETKB was thinking that I could get away with "just a tiny weld" without putting on long trousers and making sure they hang outside my boots. A nice big blob of spatter went down the front of my boot and some time later it's still sore 'cos it rubs on my sandals.

And yes, I am OETKB.

Reply to
Guy King