Astle Park 1000 engine rally photos and more...

All,

I have finally got around to getting some photos sorted on Webshots.

Three events for the price of one today.

Edenbridge Rally (20th June), Astle Park 100 engine Rally (26th June) and Preston Steam Rally (27th June) - MLBs

See :

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Chris,

Excellent pictures as always. Nice of you to take one of my Shanks at Astle as I forgot to take my camera with me.

John

Reply to
John Macdonald Smith

John,

I have a few of the Shanks actually, and a short soundless clip of it running. Ill try and send them over later..

Regards

Chris

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Great,

I hope the implication is that the clip was soundless due to the smooth running of the Shanks not the shortcomings of your camera, tee hee.

I have an engineer friend coming over to look at helping fix down the Campbell on Sunday so I might be moving closer to a test run.

John

Reply to
John Macdonald Smith

John

The clip actually took 2 hours to shoot, but once I had done some careful editing out of the bits where it kept stopping, I was left with about 2 mins footage ! Only joking of course?

Good news about the Campbell, Have you had any joy with the air starting gear?

Regards

Chris

Reply to
Chris Bedo

The chap who I was next to at Astle Park had an air start on his National. The receiver was a single casting of incredible thickness. It was stamped as being tested to some ludicrous pressure of several thousand psi. So he was quite helpfull and had a steam interest too so new a fair bit about pressure testing.. If I can get some line shafting I will run the compressor off the belt drive pulley on the Campbell. In the first instance though I will use the Shanks to charge it up. I'll make a temporary set up with flexible hoses before I do the display version for final installation. I just want to see it run first.

John

Reply to
John Macdonald Smith

Hi John, If you are going to run the Campbell with no silencer on it you better make sure your little girl is well out of the way as boy does it make a lot of noise and you better warn your neighbours to !

Steve.

Reply to
Steve

I'll make sure I tell the stables next door. I don't think I could afford to replace half a dozen show jumping horses, never mind the cattery up the road.

John

Reply to
John Macdonald Smith