Jenny Jeffries open day 04

All,

I felt that I have been neglecting my stationary engines a little of late, things having been pressing forward on the roller instead. But to prove that I have not left the hobby behind at all, I have posted a few photos of the recent open day at Jenny Jeffries, the home of the collection of the late John Jeffries. A great day out indeed and nice to see fellow NG members.

I am new to Webshots, but quite impressed at how easy it all is, so I hope to add more photos from events as I go this year.

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

To email me - please use snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk - don?t forget to take out the 'removethis' bit!

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Very nice pictures Chris. That collection has to be one of the best in the country so you are lucky to have seen it.

I am especially taken with the large Petter portable.

John

Reply to
John Macdonald Smith

All,

289 people looked at these photos - I am amazed at how many people must lurk !!

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

To mail me - please use snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk - remove the "removethis" bit though first!

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Yes, it always surprises me Chris. From my "Enstone bits" album, I've just had 123 hits in well under 12 hours - and yet the traffic on this NG is down

36% from it's high point.

If more people de-lurked, just think how much more lively it would be!

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
J K Siddorn

I was one of the 123 Kim, but if you remove the hits from non engine enthusiasts who stumbled across the pictures after putting in a search for something unrelated, people who do not know the NG exists, and people like me who were interested but could not add anything to the information you already had, there probably isn't many left.

Regards

JohnR

Reply to
John Rogers

"John Rogers" said>

me who were interested but could not add anything to the information you already had, there probably isn't many left.

In general, I don't disagree with your assessment about hit rates, but 123 in under 12 hours when the URL has only been posted here is too many for chance.

As to looking without being able to comment - that's absolutely fine in my book, knowledge shared has a knock on effect and seeing a photo today might mean nothing now, but months down the line may be a one in making two!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

I can always tell when I posted an "interesting" something on my site and published the URL. The hits sky rocket, the biggest leap was when I had a photograph published by the "Astronomy Picture of the Day" site, boy something like a 300 times instant increase in traffic and it took about a month to subside.

Indeed it might, I'd like a standby generator of around 3kW. These modern jobbies are alright but a bit boring, now a nice old set that I could tinker with...(clip round the ear from other half!).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I enjoyed the pictures Chris. The unknown engine labelled as "OC sideshaft engine" is a Melvin made in Scotland.

Patrick

Reply to
Patrick M Livingstone

Many thanks, i did not have a clue! I will change.

Regards

Chris

Reply to
Chris Bedo