Petter S Type Nozzle

All,

Finally got around to giving the Petter S another looking at. I think the problem lies with the nozzle. From what I understand, the needle part that screws into the hole at the tip should be wound in and then backed off a little. looking at our nozzle, someone has attacked it with a screwdriver and almost destroyed it. I doubt we can get needle part out, and it needs replacing anyway.

Firstly, I assume the above is not me talking rubbish ? Secondly - Does anyone know of any new injector nozzles for the 5hp S Type Petter ?

Many Thanks

Chris Bedo Kent UK

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Hi Chris,

the nozzle on my 5hp S sounds very similar to yours, but the engine runs okay. I have applied what I think is the maximum non-damaging force to the needle and failed to extract it, so with Mr. Craven's advice, I've left well enough alone. What's the spray pattern like? It should be more like a spray than a jet. Mine varies between three jets and a spray.

What stage are you at with the engine?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

I have applied what I think is the

Craven's advice, I've left well enough

jet. Mine varies between three jets and a

Arthur,

The spray pattern looks a bit on the wet side to me, ie the center appears to be a jet. The engine is basically ready to go, it was only a parrafin overhaul, so just needing to get it running now.

I have had some good advice, so I will check the fuel stroke next. I would still like to get a new nozzle though, then this can be eliminated. We have not had the thing to fire once yet!

Regards

Chris Bedo

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Chris, if you find a source, let me know.

okay. I have applied what I think is the

Mr. Craven's advice, I've left well enough

jet. Mine varies between three jets

Reply to
Arthur G

The matter is in hand but progress is slow. Doubtless it could be speeded up for a decent volume of COMMITTED orders :-) The needle should actually be screwed right home and the mutilation is usual. Even if it produces a jet there should be an attempt at firing. No firing at all after enough heat and the customary two hits of the pump handle speaks of either zero compression, air in the fuel or a mis-set pump. David Edgington's wall chart covers all the settings. The other one to check: I've now had 5 S types and two had the governer mis-assembled. If you want more details ask me direct. hth Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Thanks Roland,

If you can pass the details of the nozzles on, rough price etc that would be good. We may then commit!

As we have not had anything out of it, we will check the governer and the fuel timing. Could you possibly tell me the stroke for a 5hp please? I dont have the wall chart (As yet) and my manual does not say aything other than "This is factory pre-set blah blah". Is it easy to spot if the governer has been mis-assembled?

Compression is not great I have to say, but I hope there is enough..

Many Thanks

Chris Bedo Kent UK

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Chris. Attempting to reply to you but its bouncing: snipped-for-privacy@bedo.fsnet.co.uk>: bedo.fsnet.co.uk: Host name has no address. regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

There is contact information on his web site:

Richard H Huelin