Ball Bearings for S type

All,
After many years in bits, we have finally got around to putting our Petter S type back together We are almost ready to go, but the ball
bearing that sits in the pump is damaged beyond use. Does anyone know a source of ball bearings in small quantities? Bit of a daft thing to be held up by!
Regards
Chris Bedo Kent UK
www.Burrell2551.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:52:06 +0000 (UTC), "Chris Bedo"

What size Chris? we can get single balls from our local guys and have a few odd ones kicking around.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk

Hi Peter, I thought this group already had a good supply of odd balls. 8^)
-- Dave Croft Warrington England http://community.webshots.com/user/crftdv
They must be P-B or they both rust and hammer the seat. I have a few in stock. Which of the three do you need? regards Roland

Chris Bedo wrote:

When you do get round to the initial start up, please remember to make sure the crankcase is fully drained of all the excess oil that accumulates during the rebuild. Its not a good idea to have your first run of the engine at 2000 rpm.......
Regards
Philip T-E
start up, please remember to make sure

Wise words. Also, if like me, you have a few false starts because the hot bulb isn't hot enough, there will be a bit of unburnt diesel in the crankcase which can fuel a runway. A dancing S-type is an interesting sight!
I keep a hand on the half-compression cock, so as to open it if the engine gets a bit frisky on start up!
(Waits for double entendres and tutting from the S-type cognoscenti)
Regards, Arthur G
No tutting although an open cock alone won't stop the runaway. Its my custom to hold the fuel lever down after the first few fires until it begins to die, then let it up gradually. ttfn Roland

bulb isn't hot enough, there will be a bit of

is an interesting sight!

gets a bit frisky on start up!

Sounds a good approach, I'll try that on my next start-up, Dr. Petter. :-)
Regards, Arthur G

www.Burrell2551.co.uk