More acquisitions and steam roller update.

All,

Although OT, I have had requests from the NG members to keep them up to date on progress with the steam roller. I have therefor built a new site for it, which I finished uploading to Oldengine.org last night.

We are off to Dorset for a visit Friday and Saturday (anyone know about the auction?) so will keep an eye out for anyone we know of.

Meanwhile the engine collection has grown again, with the acquisition of a Petter M type acorn top in lovely original condition. Also thrown in was a Lister 50 volt Genny (the stand alone type from the early sets). What was a real shame, is that the original slate board was thrown out only a week before in a garage clearance! Picture post to follow.

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK.

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Snip.

I don't know how you find the time to do all that you do, but I'm glad that you do. The site is fascinating and user-friendly, I look forward to seeing it grow as work on the roller progresses.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Thanks Richard, I have to admit to being busy to the extreme over the last few months! Stationary Engine rally exhibiting has suffered a little this year though sadly. We are in fact going to be taking an engine out for the first time on the 20th / 21st to our local do.

The next step with the roller will be rear wheels off etc, this should happen over the next month or so, if we can fit it in!

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Chris,. I've just spent an interesting time browsing the Burrell site. Well done for making the effort. I will be revisiting to monitor progress.

How long do you think it will take?

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin