OT- Steam roller website

All,

It is a year to the day that I bought my steam roller and it is still in a thousand pieces! Thanks to all those who have been following the restoration progress.

I thought that it would be nice to give my website a bit of a revamp so things don?t go stale. Much is still the same, but I have added new sections including videos of the engine and its restoration, some notes on the history and development of the steam roller and added more in the way of images. The story of the restoration has been bought up to date of course.

As usual any (constructive!) comments gratefully received !

Address:

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

To email me - please use snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk - don?t forget to take out the 'removethis' bit!

Reply to
Chris Bedo

It is good to see the progress made. With plenty of useful and fascinating information it is now without doubt one of the leading web sites for the Steam Roller enthusiast. Sadly BT have yet to enable my local exchange with 20th centaury technology so I am unable to benefit from the videos.

Reply to
Richard H Huelin

Very nice Chris. Living where technology is often first tried out, I can fully appreciate the videos - a very useful addition to the restoration They would be the better for a simple voice over I thought, but that's just me!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Thanks both for kind comments, I am aiming to keep the site growing as time goes on. If possible, I would like to make it a decent resource for those undertaking research on the net. There is a not a vast amount of historical info on the subject surprisingly.

With most people either with or looking into broadband, I think that videos are the way to go. The can show a lot more than any descriptions I can write. I had thought about voiceovers Kim, but I was a little to shy to do it !!

If I ever get chance to do another stationary engine site, I intend to include running engine clips on that too. I may have to watch the space side of things though, as I get my webspace for free, kindly thanks to Jim Dunmyer in the US.

Regards

Chris Bedo Kemt UK

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Hi Chris, I finally had some time to look at your site again. Nice work. I can't take advantage of the videos with my slow connection, but maybe one day!

I particularly liked the Steamroller History section which taught me a little more about a subject I know very little of.

Do you have children?

The reason I ask, is that I'm always amused by the black-daubed urchins who accompany Dad on the steamers. I would like to picture a besmutted Bedo family in the same way :-).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur Griffin

Arthur,

I dont have kids just yet thankfully!! Maybe some time in the future, but Ill get past my 22nd birthday first! My dad joins in with helping my on the restoration so its a family effort. Luckily for him he does not have to sign the cheques though!

Regards

Chris

Reply to
Chris Bedo