Photos of Ardingly

All,

Had a very good day at Ardingly this weekend, first time I had been, but I thought it very good indeed. The Stationary Engine pen enjoyed a good location, good selection of engines on display and loads to see.

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

Reply to
Chris Bedo

I say, a little heavy on the hot fog there old chap ;-) But worth a look if only for what I take to be a charcoal heated surface ignition engine (2004_0712Ardingly0090) - something I have heard of but which I cannot remember ever having actually seen before!

Reply to
Nick H

Thanks Nick,

Yes, the Japanese charcoal engine was very interesting - there were 2 there in fact. Despite what may appear from the photos, I actually spent quite a bit of time in the SE pen. I thought the range of engines and the standard of the displays was exemplary.

Okay Ill admit the hot fog section was quite a draw too :-) As ever, the woodsawing and loading was great to watch.

Quite a good jumble also in my opinion...

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

Reply to
Chris Bedo

In message , Chris Bedo writes

It used to be even better about 5 years ago - I thought this year's was a mere shadow of its former self, and I was sad to note that Mac McGowan no longer attends this event.

The stationary engines have however grown in both numbers and quality over the years, and there's usually something new and interesting to see. I went at short notice this year, so had not asked if anybody else was going - must get myself more organised!!

Reply to
john. ambler

Does the charcoal just keep the hot spot hot? Is it needed all the time or just for starting?

AJH

Reply to
sylva

In message , snipped-for-privacy@despammed.com writes