Identifying a Mystery Engine

//de-lurk

Hello all, firstly cheers for the fine and interesting reading material, from a grateful lurker

We've got a mystery Lister-Petter here in the plant room at work, and wondering if one of you may have a lead on what it might be - we might have some paperwork in a few days but not sure if we will yet:

We know this much:

Single cylinder, 16HP Weighs about 3/4 ton,

2 stroke harmonic so no scavenger The whole engine stands about 5 feet high One flywheel about 2'6" diameter, with shaft getting on for 3"

I can provide more detail before too long, but does it sound familiar?

All the best

Neil

Reply to
Neil Brown

Petter Atomic?? Did they do a single that big?

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

I believe they did make a few and suspect it was a stretched 12hp. A pic of the mystery would really help. regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Probably best not to broadcast its location though ........ ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Spoilsport :-))

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Not for the likes of thee and me, Martin, but for the not so scrupulous who frequent the newsgroup.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Peter & Roland, I'm just in wind up mode tonight.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Wind (Verb) not Wind (Noun) you fool :-)) damn this english language, where is that door stop again.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Sorry, Roland, I've never been to Texas, what's the attraction?

Regards,

Kim

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Does the engine plate actually say Petter Harmonic on it? Enquiring minds need to know!!

Regards

Philip T-E

Reply to
Philip THornton-Evison

My own thoughts exactly, are there any Petter Harmonics known in captivity? The design was withdrawn quite soon after it's introduction I believe due to patent infringements.

Reply to
Nick H

Steaks excellent and the NASA Space Center at Houston is very good but the hot humid climate is decidedly not to my taste. Strongly suggest avoiding the Tex-Mex !!! ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

The book says only about 100 were made and gives the location of three ten years ago. Also says output was 16bhp ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

I think you mean Galveston. Didn't one of the Osmonds sing a song about being 24 hours from there?

John

Reply to
John Manders

Nah, that was 24 hours from Tulse Hill ;-)

Reply to
Nick H