Mystery switch engine on Ebay

Hi I am selling on Ebay, for a friend, a switch engine with no identifying marks. I am told that it might be an early American Flyer piece, but no one
who looked at it was sure. My friend believes that it belonged to her father who is in his 80s. If anyone can identify it I would like to know.
Auction # 5999157064    or search for "mystery switch engine" on Ebay. Starts at $4.99 and the auction ends next Sunday, Sept. 18, 2005.
Thanks for your attention. Matthew Hill