TIG On/Off Switch

i have foot pedal for my esab 161, but at times i wish i had a simple momentary switch right on my torch handle. can anyone suggest a simple momentary NO switch.

thanks

Reply to
Kryptoknight

Your 161 has a sequencer built in. This means you only need a momentary contact switch to trigger the start of a weld sequence.

Set it for "4 stroke".

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

sometimes hard to do when in tight corners.

"4 stroke" you mean that scratch-&-start.

Reply to
Kryptoknight

The manual I downloaded from ESAB was not very clear on how you access the 2MT-hold setting.

2MT-hold is the industry standard term for a button triggered sequence, where one tap of the button starts the weld, and another tap ends it.
Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

i use to have a momentary switch right on my handle (no pedal).

161 has some neat features.

it has 2T and 4T with and without high frequency assist.

2THF - simple on/off using momentary switch and hi-freq start assist. if pedal then it will start at start amps and then ramp up to set full amps using pedal. without pedal (just switch) it starts at set max amps.

2TnonHF - "touch start" (but switch is still required). if pedal then it will start at start amps and then ramp up to set full amps using pedal. without pedal (just switch) it starts at set max amps.

4THF - push & hold of switch starts current at start amps and holds it there until switch is released, then current latches on at max amps, next press stops all. (i'm not sure how this mode works with the foot pedal).

4TnonHF - "touch start", same as 4THF except the arc wont start until tip is touched and lifted. (i'm not sure how this mode works with the foot pedal).

Reply to
Kryptoknight