HELP - ThermalArc 185TSW

I used my TA185TSW to do some stick welding this afternoon, and everything went well after I unplugged the foot pedal. BUT when I connected the foot pedal and the TIG torch to do some more welding things aren't working as they did before.

I am not sure, but it seems like all I get is high frequency and no amperage from the box. I mash the pedal and I get a small arc, not even enough to melt sheet metal. The display says 4 or 5 when the pedal is down, and I have a small arc on my work.

The manual doesn't cover anything like this, and I am not versed enough to troubleshoot.

My settings are as such;

65 amps hot start is at 20 DC gnd clamp goes to work torch on other connection HF start

I have also tried running AC with the same results.

It is under warranty if it is broken, but I guess I am trying to find any confirmation before I go down that road.

Thanks, Rod

Reply to
Rod Richeson

Check the connector to see if any pins got pushed back. Look at both the jack and the plug.

Tom

Reply to
Tm

Reply to
Rod Richeson

You set it back to TIG mode, right? :)

Reply to
trp8xtl02

I did do that......

Thanks for asking though ;)

Rod

snipped-for-privacy@sneakemail.com wrote:

Reply to
Rod Richeson

Good point. I had that problem on my Miller 180SD when I went to stick mode and forgot to switch the mode. Could not figure why it would not put out any current. That was a real headslapper.

Reply to
Tm

Try calling the help number posted in your manual (somewhere in Ohio). I called on something for my 185TSW, they answered immediately and were very helpful.

Reply to
bmeincer