TIG inverter settings?

Have a Eutectic 2002 tig inverter, and wonder if anyone could tell me the basics of setting up an inverter? (frequency control, polarity balance, etc etc)

TIA

Chris

Reply to
chris

Pulser/sequencer settings to start with

Preflow gas 0.2 - 0.5 sec Initial amperage 5 amps Initial slope 0.5 - 1.0 sec.

Pulses per Second 1.2 - 2.0 Background Amperage 40% Peak time 40%

Final slope 2.0 - 4.0 sec. Final Amperage 3 amps Postflow gas 10 - 20 sec.

Remember that when using a pulser, you will set your machine slightly higher, since you are not maintaining a constant arc.

The pulse frequency or 1.2 - 2 pps allows you to add filler on every pulse. You can go to a higher pulse frequency and simply add filler every second or third pulse.

Running in the very high frequencies on the pulse makes for a more liquid weld, especially on SS.

On Aluminum running a higher AC arc frequency, narrows the arc down, and simulates a DCEN arc. It also allows you to use a pointed tungsten on AC.

The pulser should work just as well on AC as it does on DC.

Obviously you have a huge range of settings to play with.

Have fun, do many test welds and take notes on settings that worked particularly well on certain combinations of material and assembly.

Tugstens

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

180 - 275

Many thanks Ernie.............most helpful. The Eutectic also has program settings, which can be accessed via torch switches, but I guess it is far easier for me to use foot pedal, unless setting up for batch production work os some sort (do mainly one offs, and repair work).

Chris

Reply to
chris

The torch switch is what triggers the sequencer if you don't want to use a foot pedal. I rarely use a foot pedal on my inverter, just the trigger switch. I use the foot pedal all the time on my Syncrowave 250DX at my shop, but the inverter is mostly used on jobsites.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler