REHMANN TIG welders

Has anyone come across/used a Rehmann TIG 200 TIG welder? ...are they any
good? Although they say they are German built, I've heard they are, infact,
Chinese imports to Germany and exported from there.
It seems funny that if you Google "Rehmann" the main references are to
'FleaBay'. I can't see any kind of Rehmann website (suggesting Chinese
imports).
I'd love to have a go at welding s/steel and/or Ally etc. and can't afford a
'proper' TIG welder.
Would they be worth buying if they are really cheap? ... or are they just a
'biscuit tin' waiting to break down without any service backup?
Any help on this matter may save me the embarassment of 'buying cheap and
nasty' only to land up with an expensive door wedge!!
Would one of the small Clarke TIG inverter welders be okay ?
What gas do they use?
Cheers.
Brad.
Reply to
Brad.
hints that internals are German here

does not say if its acdc ...which is what you need for aluminium ... does say its got hi frequency ...which means its not scratch start ....GOOD
so what you getting is a arc welder with tig torch ...
thats as far as i can see ...
i know a little bit ... that amounts to i know bigger all ...
but at that price of =A3168 ....may be worth it compared to crappy Clarke offerings .
go for it ...but remember no acdc
all the best.mark
Reply to
mark
Rehmann!? I should have heard of them. "Rehm" is a German welding-equipment mfg. And maybe they (the Chinese crap syndicate) wanted to sound like them. Rehm has a OEM brand called "Schweißkraft" (). But still, you won't get a cheap AC/DC TIG.
Nick, looking for a cheap AC/DC-TIG since years.
Reply to
Nick Mueller
Hi, sounds most interesting. It says on the cover of the manual " Schweißgerat ", any idea what that means? Rehmann appears to be based in Nettetal, Germany !! and traded through felzen-group-germany Have you heard of these? Brad.
Reply to
Brad.
That means "welding machine".
I googled. The call themselves "Feltzen trading group". So they are just trading (what they say in some text I found on eFlee). And of the 19 people they have, just 4 work in the shop. So no "Made in Germany".
Nick
Reply to
Nick Mueller
bunch of swindlers if you ask me
if they are printing in big letters Germany down the side of the thing ..
and its not made in Germany .
so next time i see anything with just Germany ...and not "made in Germany" down the side of it ...embossed ,etched and engraved on it ... will take it that its not necessarily made in Germany.
all the best..mark
Reply to
mark
The same seller sells FREETIG branded machines which are made in China
however they are very good. (I sell the same units in Ireland). It al depends I guess whether you have a mental block about buying stuff mad in China - they do make a lot of good stuff you know
-- gn3d ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gn3dr's Profile:
this thread:
gn3dr
Yes, but it is a different matter if they purport to be a Germany manufacturer, when in reality they actually import their stuff from China. They should make this point clear in their advertisements.
Reply to
Brad.
hi you would not be able to weld alli as these welders are only dc and you need ac to weld alli gas is argon
url:
jamesy
Rehmann should definately not be associated with REHM Welding Equipment. REHM are one of the leading German manufacturers of advanced welding equipment and have been manufacturing for over 30 years. Rehmann is a brand sold by Felzen Group which I believ are importing equipment and reselling through ebay and internet and have been around since 2003. You can find REHM International Partners all over the world by visiting their website

url:
David Rochford