TIG welders ?

Hi,
I'm thinking of getting a TIG welder for use in fabricating marine equiment made from aluminium and 316 stainless in sections from say 1.6mm up to around 10mm
thick. I presume the cheap Chinese imports are nfg, so can anyone tell me what to look for in a TIG welder, and what spec I will need for my stated application ?
Thanks,
Boo
On 26/03/12 23:47, Boo wrote:

I can't really answer your question as I only have a DC machine, you will need AC for Alu as I'm sure you're aware. For 10mm I think you will need more than a 200 amp machine. Not all the Chinese machines are rubbish, I got mine from R-Tech ( http://www.r-techwelding.co.uk ) and I'm very happy with it. Despite the name, you'll find a huge amount of knowledge over at the mig welding forum - http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/forum/index.php HTH