Help Needed With Rev-Counter Gear & Shaft

One of our engines has a nice mechanical rev-counter, driven by a flat belt from
the
crankshaft. It is pretty conventional but at the end of last season it stopped
working.
Having got round to stripping it down, we find that there is an air-vane damper
which
limits the rate of change in the needle movement, stopping flutter etc.
The vane had come off its shaft, and the shaft has lost one of its bearing ends.
The shaft
and gear are all one piece and I think that a new shaft end could be fitted into
the
existing gear, but not with what we have at the factory!
A picture of the remains is here:

The shaft/gear laying horizontally is the one in question, the right-hand end is
missing
its bearing part, what can be just seen is the larger diameter that acts as a
washer
against the brass bearing plate to keep the gear end float down.
I really need a 'clock guy' with the necessary small lathe to be able to drill
the end out
and make and insert a new pin, to fairly accurate levels of workmanship.
It's not a beer token job, real money is offered plus postage both ways.
If anyone can assist, please contact me via my email address below, or my home
email:
snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk
Many thanks,
Peter
--
Peter
Peter A Forbes

Peter A Forbes
ends. The shaft
drill the end out
its not made of aluminium I hope
Reply to
N_Cook
ends. The shaft
the end out
I assume that the bearing pin has broken from the end of the pinion shaft ?. Easy job for a small collet lathe, or even a 4 jaw, but is the shaft is hardened at the pin end ?.
Would offer to help, but no motor on my machine at present...
Regards,
Chris
Reply to
ChrisQ
Thanks, Chris, and all the others who offered help, there was a very good and useful response, very much appreciated.
I accepted an offer from one of the Newsgroup members, and after sending it off last week, I heard back today that it will be in the post tomorrow back to me.
We had a very busy period at work which delayed getting it away, but hopefully it will be resaasembled and run at the weekend.
Its first outing will be at the Dutch engine show held in Nuenen, near Eindhoven.
Peter
Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Site Timeline