3-JAW LATHE CHUCK on a motor shaft

Is there a 3-jaw lathe chuck that can be mounted directly on a electric motor shaft.I see all types of chucks that can be mounted on a faceplate but nothing about mounting directly on an electric motor shaft.I want to hold a few things that are made of metal,on a chuck from 200-600 rpm so they can be polished

Reply to
John Ramos

As I just recently learned, what you want is a "Speed Lathe".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

For the chuck try this:

1070 model should screw right on to 1/2 arbor adapters

Don't have a motor shaft arbor adapter? Try here:

OR try this for ideas:

After putting this together, find a big rubber band or cut a section of rubber tubing to wrap over the edge of the chuck. If the jaws extend past the rim, they make efficient knuckle munchers. Ask me how I know!!!

Enjoy

Jim Vrzal Holiday, Fl.

Reply to
Mawdeeb

Reply to
RoyJ

One concern I might have is the bearing life with suck a set up. the bearings in a motor are probably not good for this purpose. Might be easier to rig a step pulley and a arbor shaft to mount the chuck to. This would also allow you to use a regular motor rather than a gear reduction motor.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

How do yu plan to get the motor to run at 200-600 rpm? Leigh at MarMachine

Reply to
CATRUCKMAN

Inverters are good... (with 3 phase motors)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand