TdeG chuck question

I recently bought an Astra Meca semi-universal dividing head, which came with a 3-jaw T de G chuck on it.
There's a picture here:
http://listerenginegallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId329
I'd quite like to get some outside jaws for this chuck, but other than the TdeG logo, I can't find any kind of ID number or stamp on it. Are 3- jaw chuck jaws fairly standard, or is it best to stick to the OEM's jaws?
Also.... I'd quite like a 4-jaw for the dividing head too, but I've no idea what the mounting is. It looks like 4 bolts onto a flange, but this is all a bit new to me; again, does anyone have the info to hand? The Astra Meca manual which came with the head is a bit recitent (= totally silent) on this question.
--
Cheers!
Ade.

Jaws to fit that chuck will most likely have to come from the maker, TdeG, wherever they are/were.
In addition to he fasteners you see to hold on he 3-jaw chuck, there probably is also a shoulder that fits into the back of the chuck, to register on, for centering.
To fit another chuck, you'll need to know the diameter of the bolt holes circle and the size of the register shoulder. From that information, you can select another chuck with a back that has dimensions comparable to the existing chuck, or adaptable with a mounting plate.
Another possibility is that the spindle is threaded, and the adapter holding the 3-jaw chuck could be threaded to match the spindle.
I don't know that company name, but I assume it's a European brand.
--
WB
metalworking projects

Thanks for the reply Bill. TdeG is a Spanish company, Talleres de Guernica.

The chuck is on some kind of backplate; I think that is bolted to a plate on the dividing head. It's hard to tell...

I don't think it's threaded, it doesn't look like it is... but I will have another look over the weekend.
--
Cheers!
Ade.

One of the english-worded Goog search results shows LMC as a distributor for TdeG chucks, although they seem to specialize in TdeG workholding solutions for fairly large workpieces. http://www.lmcworkholding.com/tdeg.html
LMC may be able to recommend a source for jaws for your chuck.
TdeG doesn't appear to be represented on the LMC page for more common sizes of chucks. http://www.lmcworkholding.com/power_chucks.htm
Taking stuff apart is my normal approach to most things. With assemblies like chucks and other machine-related assemblies, it's often helpful to make scratch marks or light punch marks to indicate the correct orientation of the various parts during re-assembly. Digital camera pictures can also be very worthwhile, although I normally just rely on pencil sketches of parts.
--
WB
metalworking projects

As a machine tool repair guy..when I encounter a machine for the very first time...I take digital photos of every..every disassembly step.
And occasionally review them when putting the bastard back together again and blessing myself for having taken those photos
Gunner
"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""
or about Sat, 24 Oct 2009 03:54:00 -0700 did write/type or cause to appear in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    I've even done similar when parking at a strange mall. "Okay, here I is parked, there is the store." I still find myself saying "I had wheels when I got here..." - pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Gunner Asch may or may not have intoned:

I generally do that as well, whenever I disassemble anything. The only time I get bitten on the arse, is when I forget, or figure I don't need to.
Often, something I disassemble stays disassembled for months, until I come to put it back together again. Some things stay disassembled forever... I took an old ACT Sirius 1 computer apart (20 year old machine), and had to buy another one off eBay to figure out how to put it back together again!
--
Cheers!
Ade.