Harbor Freight tubing roller

Anyone ever use one of these, it looks like a English wheel type roller that slowly puts a bend in thin wall tubing, you can adjust the amount of bend. Looks like a good design but I would like to make some dies for smaller 3/8 & 1/2 tubing.

Reply to
N4aeq

--Have used it to bend 1" dia .09" wall tube. The only problem is the tube tends to twist as it rolls thru the machine. So if you don't want to get a spiral bend you have to use vise grips to keep the tube in line as it goes back and forth thru the rollers. Ya get whatcha pay for, eh?

Reply to
steamer

Do you think that it's a matter of how the rollers are aligned? It seems to me that where the axes of the rollers are horizontal, then the plane defined by the points of contact on the rollers would have to be vertical. It would be off vertical if the positions of the rollers on their arbors wasn't all the same. Also, the axes of the rollers might not be parallel, but I think that wouldn't be as important.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt