Harbor Freight Drill Press?

Did you try the product manual?

have one but I don't have calipers accurate enough for close measurements. What measurements not in the manual do you need? Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

Anyone have the Drill Press on this page:

And either a caliper or another way of giving me good measurements?

...Or how about a contact # for Harbor Freight so I can get specs on this baby...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I should mention that their customer service reps don't know the info I'm looking for...

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I will look there. But it is rare that the manual has what I seek. I'm looking for the dimensions (.001 tol.) of the non rotating portion of teh quill as well as length from quill to MT2 end, etc.

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Sorry, don't have anything to measure that accurately repeatedly. Joe

Reply to
Joe Gorman

I've got essentially the same model. It's a slightly older vintage, but the differences seem mostly cosmetic. What do you need to know?

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

The boss at the end of the quill on mine, mikes at:

2.600 dia .789 thick .458 from the bottom of the boss to the bottom of the rotating portion.

Paul K.Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Excellent. Assuming they are the same, that's great info.

What model is it that you have?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I've got the bench model of the drill press. Works OK drills straight holes, I don't like the stop, wish it had an adjustable screw instead. gary

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net...

Reply to
Gary Owens

Mine is labeled Model T-583

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Hmm ... what about the little green link near the bottom of the page you posted a link to? The one labeled "Download Product Manual". The second page shows a lot of measurements. (Then there are two and

1/3 pages full of safety warnings. :-)

There is also a phone number on the web page, too. I don't know whether you will reach anyone who knows how to answer your questions, however.

Beyond that -- you didn't say what you want measured. What I have appears to be a relative to that one -- but was not bought from Harbor Freight, and was bought back around 1976 or so.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Unfortunately, that document doesn't contain the necessary info. It has a parts breakdown indicating which parts I need measured, but it doesn't list the measurements.

Nope. They have a technical support crew and a high level tech crew. The high level tech crew said they would have to contact the manufacurer (China!?!) to get the exact specs.

If I had a machine here, I could get them in 3 minutes.

Unfortunately, they chance their design slightly every now and then... I'm specifically looking for dimensions on the non-rotating portion of their quill and distance from the bottom of that quill to the bottom of the MT2 adapter they use for the chuck. ...But I think I've got it now from someone who just bought one.

Thank you ALL for the assistance!

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

I have the #43389. Mine measures 2.601 dia, .760 thick and .477 respectively.

-jc-

Reply to
John Chase

Thnk you for the info. Even though people get somewhat different readings on round measurments, these differences show me that what I thought about HF is probably true... They change their design as the suppliers offer cheaper alternatives... And thus the design differs from time to time even across the same model.

If anyone ever finds a 1.5-2 HP drill press manufacturer that sells for a reasonable price and has the same design for years running, tell them to give me a call! I'll push their product to my customers just to make everyone's job easier. I was thinking Ellis might be the one, but haven't really checked them out yet... Thoughts anyone?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill