Another tool ID needed XXI

I didn't have much going on last night so I decided to take some photos and make a new post this morning:

I need some help identifying the tool in picture number 186.

Reply to
R.H.

trick question? I don't see a #186...

Reply to
Greg Millen

Hey Greg,

No, not a trick. The two photos captioned 186 came up on my screen OK. 3rd and 4th ones from the top. Still don't know what it is though. In fact, I don't "know" what many of them are, except 178 which is a soldering tip for a torch and 183 is a lock-nut for an electrical fitting, and maybe 180 is checker-plate. Is 182 a part of a toy noise-maker? Is 181 a "clicker" ( cleat ??) for tap-dancing shoes?

Take care.

Brian Laws>trick question? I don't see a #186...

Reply to
Brian Lawson

182 is part of a kerosene lantern. The tips of the star wheels grasp the wick to raise and lower it. 181 is some kind of a shoe cleat. 179 is a single ice crampon for a shoe. 187 is some kind of weight that clips to a line - probably for a fishing net or such. 188 - some kind of medical or dental retractor? 178 - maybe a cake decorator nozzle?

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen
184, adjustable bore gauge?

187, fishing weight.

Reply to
njf>badge

I did see #186, but have no idea what it is.

By the way, very nice photos.

Harry C.

Reply to
Harry Conover

184 is a pipe reamer/cleaner.

Mike M
181 Looks like an "oillite" or "Oil Lite" oil impregnated brass/bronze bushing pad.

Probably bolted to something and had some spinning part rest on it.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill
185 is a telco wire stripper
Reply to
Footy

Reply to
RoyJ
179 is a strap on cleat for walking on ice 182 is a wick feeder from an oil lamp 188 a pig tooth nipper? (I've always wanted to see what one of those was ever since hearing about one in an old magazine article...lol)

R.H. wrote:

Reply to
pwrbus

This one isn't a bore gauge.

Correct.

Reply to
R.H.

These two are correct.

and maybe 180 is checker-plate. Is 182 a part of

These three aren't, 181 is for shoes but not for dancing.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Thanks for the comments, hopefully someone will recognize 186, maybe I should offer prizes for tool ID's.

Reply to
R.H.

This one is for something totally different from that.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Yes

Correct

Nope

Looks just like a wire cutter to me:

R.H.

It doesn't say telco on it, but it is for stripping and cutting wire. Any idea why there is foam rubber padding around the piece that connects the strippers to the cutter?

Reply to
R.H.

Correct, I paid a lot less for mine though.

Reply to
R.H.

RH> Correct, I paid a lot less for mine though.

Likewise, $3.00 at a swapmeet.

Reply to
Mike M

Right material?