Metallurgy tool ID

Someone sent me some photos of a tool that was previously owned by a
metallugist, I haven't had any luck searching for info on it, so I thought
that I would ask here to see if anyone might know what it is. It's number
889 on this site:

Please let me know if you recognize it.
Rob
Reply to
R.H.
Are you sure, it is obviously German but German translation should not be taken literally as often there is no real direct English translation. The company is
i would write to them and ask them to confirm. Coincidence could simply mean angle or incline, MaBstab appears to be "yardstick". Coincidence of ions which you are talking about appears to be measured wirh precious metal sensors and electronics, i really don't think this is for what you say.
Reply to
Grimly Fiendish
?Maßstab? is scale, for example 1:1 means full scale or size 1:2 half scale. ?Koinzidenz? is coincidence.
So I have doubts and don't belief that's a tool, or maybe more a nice emblazonment.
Regards,
Ralf
Reply to
Ralf Ballis
"Maßstab" is scale, for example 1:1 means full scale or size 1:2 half scale. "Koinzidenz" is coincidence.
So I have doubts and don't belief that's a tool, or maybe more a nice emblazonment.
Regards,
Ralf
Reply to
Ralf Ballis
Quite but my point is that coincidence is a direct and probably inacurrate translation, a German would know what it meant but would probably not be able to find a true English translation for it. You would not measure ion (or x-ray) coincidence with a bit of wood and glass. It could be for measuring air displacement or pressure, a look at what kind of devices the manufacturer makes (ie their product range) might give a better insight, but as i said, rather than guessing, it would be easy just to bleedin ask them !!
Reply to
Grimly Fiendish
And i don't think it was meant to be interpreted as coincidence in the English sense of the word, or perhaps not coincidence at all, perhaps angle or inclination, or some kind of force measurement, i don't think it is anything to do with what was suggested, i can't see any way it can be even remotely linked with what has been suggested so far.
Reply to
Grimly Fiendish
The German word "koinzident" could be interpreted like cover of two scales in measurement or second "to collapse". And the "Koinzidenz" it's more to the English "to coincidently" in any event or in an illness.
Regards,
Ralf
Reply to
Ralf Ballis
Thanks for the replies, I sent an email to the company but haven't heard back yet, if I find out what it is, I'll post the answer here.
Rob
Reply to
R.H.

Site Timeline