Metallurgy tool ID

Someone sent me some photos of a tool that was previously owned by a metallugist, I haven't had any luck searching for info on it, so I thought
that I would ask here to see if anyone might know what it is. It's number 889 on this site:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/
Please let me know if you recognize it.
Rob
Add pictures here
โœ–

It appears to be called a coincidence scale. Is it an instrument for measuring x-ray diffraction patterns.
Add pictures here
โœ–

Are you sure, it is obviously German but German translation should not be taken literally as often there is no real direct English translation. The company is http://www.mahr.com / So i would write to them and ask them to confirm. Coincidence could simply mean angle or incline, MaBstab appears to be "yardstick". Coincidence of ions which you are talking about appears to be measured wirh precious metal sensors and electronics, i really don't think this is for what you say.
Add pictures here
โœ–
Grimly Fiendish wrote:

?Ma฿stab? is scale, for example 1:1 means full scale or size 1:2 half scale. ?Koinzidenz? is coincidence.
So I have doubts and don't belief that's a tool, or maybe more a nice emblazonment.
Regards,
Ralf
Add pictures here
โœ–

Quite but my point is that coincidence is a direct and probably inacurrate translation, a German would know what it meant but would probably not be able to find a true English translation for it. You would not measure ion (or x-ray) coincidence with a bit of wood and glass. It could be for measuring air displacement or pressure, a look at what kind of devices the manufacturer makes (ie their product range) might give a better insight, but as i said, rather than guessing, it would be easy just to bleedin ask them !!
Add pictures here
โœ–
Grimly Fiendish wrote:

"Koinzident" it's in German but very rare using and an unusual word.
Regards,
Ralf
Add pictures here
โœ–

And i don't think it was meant to be interpreted as coincidence in the English sense of the word, or perhaps not coincidence at all, perhaps angle or inclination, or some kind of force measurement, i don't think it is anything to do with what was suggested, i can't see any way it can be even remotely linked with what has been suggested so far.
Add pictures here
โœ–
Grimly Fiendish wrote:

The German word "koinzident" could be interpreted like cover of two scales in measurement or second "to collapse". And the "Koinzidenz" it's more to the English "to coincidently" in any event or in an illness.
Regards,
Ralf
Add pictures here
โœ–

You mean as in it was a coincidence she died the same as her sister, type of thing ?
Add pictures here
โœ–
Grimly Fiendish wrote:

It's more then a occurrence of more events together for a result or happening.
Regards,
Ralf
Add pictures here
โœ–
Thanks for the replies, I sent an email to the company but haven't heard back yet, if I find out what it is, I'll post the answer here.
Rob
Add pictures here
โœ–

Cool. :)