Gear cutting

A while ago someone posted a link on gear cutting using a multipoint tool that would progressively form the tooth profile. I thought I had bookmarked it, but I can't find it again. I tried searching back through the archive, but haven't had luck.

Anyone know what I am talking about and able to point me in the right direction?

Thanks

JW

Reply to
Jeridiah

You might have luck if you used the term "HOBBING" in your search, as this is probably the technique you are thinking of.

Jim

jim rozen