Digital readout from dial calipers

Someone posted a writeup (late '05???) on hacking into a digital caliper to get a data output. I thought I bookmarked it but searching was to no avail. Anyone got a link?

Reply to
RoyJ

Add a USB pigtail so the readout goes to your CAD program running on your PC or MAC- that would be handy. Or add a blue tooth transmitter for wireless operation. Pretty slick!

Reply to
grassStain

Reply to
RoyJ

My answer would have come 16 minutes too late. Yes, I moved around the info a lot. But I _tried_ to keep links more or less the same and mapped old links to new pages with .htaccess on the server-side.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

I see you found the Yardo site, created by a regular RCM participant Nick M.

There is also more info about interfacing the Chinese scales in the archived Files section of the Yahoo group CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO (membership required). I haven't looked at the more recent files, but the ones I did see had full explanations of the scales' imbedded features and output signals.

Here's a link to a previous discussion on the topic

WB ...............

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
Wild Bill

YADRO. Y(et) A(nother) DRO

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

So _this_ is the start of the Shumatech-DRO! A historical document. :-)

BTW: I think that the Shumatech is really good!

I don't even mind promoting a competitor. :-))

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

shumatech had it.

rashid111

Hey Nick, Have you got a US outlet for YADRO yet? If not I might be interested in doing it. I want to build one or two but don't want to order from the UK.

Reply to
Tom Wait

Yes, but they aren't ready to serve yet.

As soon as they can ship, I'll add their link to my site.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

Reply to