Need machinist's help in DFW area

One of my hobbies is restoring old (60s-70s) garden tractors. Some came with electric power lifts for implements. The weak link in those is the motor gear; a 32 pitch, 16 tooth spur gear with about a 5/8" face. Bore is 5'16".

I have a 3" piece of carbon steel gear stock I need parted and bored or bored and parted, whichever, to get as many gears as possible.

part# A 1C29-N32016 Low buck budget so I would like to beg, swap or trade for steak dinner, liquid refreshment or what-are-you-looking-for.

Can you help or point me to someone who can?

AAsberryatAOL.com

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Before you make something, check the Boston Gear catalog. Doesn't sound too oddball that they might not stock it.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Everybody's got them with a 0.187 face. I need about 0.58.

Thanks anyway.

--Andy Asberry recommends NewsGuy--

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Is this heat-treated carbon steel? Test it with a file. If it's heat-treated, it may need to be sliced with a saw and then faced, trued and bored with carbide tooling.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Andy I'm in Keller, shop is in Azle. I have the machine tools but I'm light on expertise. I'd give it a go in exchange for getting my Loboy

154 running so I can sell it.

- - Rex Burkheimer Fort Worth TX

817 834 5559 x3105 days 817 431 8051 home

Andy Asberry wrote:

Reply to
Rex B

jim rozen