Need small oscilloscope in San Diego area

Hi guys
I am looking for a used small oscilloscope, nothing fancy.
Back home (penn state area) I used to be able to go over the college
to the surplus dept and find this kind of stuff .. but .. im not
qualified in the San Diego area.
Anybody know of a place.
thanks
mike
Reply to
Mike_in_SD
EBay is your best overall choice.
For surplus try Murphy's in El Cajon (on Johnston street, south of Main). The listed price is always more than what you can buy if for. There's also Gateway off Kearny Villa, as well as Industrial Liquidators, across the freeway off Convoy. Should be able to find them in the white pages; call ahead to see what they have.
-- Gordon
Reply to
Gordon McComb
snipped-for-privacy@NOrobotoidSPAM.com (Gordon McComb) wrote in :
wow .. thanks Gordon .. and dont take this wrong but its cool as crap that you live(d) around here, I love your books.
thanks again mike
Reply to
Mike_in_SD
Welcome. Live as is present tense, but not in San Diego. I live in the wilderness north.
-- Gordon
Reply to
Gordon McComb
Murphy's is actually North of Main, but just south of Madison on Johnson. There is also a surplus electronics store about 300 yards south of Murphy's that might have a scope.
John
Reply to
Hotwing
USB/PC based scopes are improving in price/performance all the time. Might be worth considering too.
Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Gomez
Hi Mike: welcome to sunny San Diego: We have a robotics club that meets in San Marcos. ( 20 miles north of SD ) We meet on the first Saturday of the Month in Scotts Garage , so come on up north if you would like to meet some like minded Robot builders. We also have a spare Oscilloscope , you can borrow it if you like
Steve
messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
Reply to
Steve in San Marcos
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Steve in San Marcos) wrote in :
Thanks Steve I was actually aware of your club and would LOVE to participate but I work Sat nites. Any of you guys ever need a train ride, look me up, Im the engineer on the Amtrak surliner Sd - La train #583 leaving SD @ 3:pm Wed - Sun
Mike
Reply to
Mike_in_SD
Hi Mike: OK SO you are a REAL engineer, I'm envioius cool ride that you drive. Well we meet at 1:00 pm on the First Saturday But if you wanted to make a trip out to San Marcos at 11or 12 , I'm sure we could show up early and start the club meeting a bit early for you. Steve
Reply to
Steve in San Marcos
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (Steve in San Marcos) wrote in :
Steve that is a gracious invitation and I thank you, but I actually go to work a little after 1 .. so the timing is wrong .. but ... the invitation still stands for anyone in the club (or on this news group for that matter) to come on down and catch a ride and talk bots and such. wed-sun 3:00pm departure. train #583 .. just ask for the REAL engineer .. grin
mike
Reply to
Mike_in_SD