scrap yards in San Fernando Valley

I live in Camarillo and work in Woodland Hills, CA. (unfortunately long commute I know). What are some of the places that I can purchase cold rolled steel at a reasonable price? I use short to medium lengths. Scrap yards would be best.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Reply to
deja

--Altho not a scrapyard don't forget about IPS; they have a catalog of machine tool accessories but they also carry bar, tube, etc and sell odd lengths.

Reply to
steamer

You want to head East to Sun Valley area between San Fernando Road and Glenoaks Blvd. Branford Place used to have several good big scrap yards and I'm pretty sure they still do. I moved to NC a few years back and miss the scrap yards and the deals on everything from usable metals to machine tools. One picked up nice Abene mill at one in Burbank (Wilson's iirc) but it looks laike that whole old Lockheed Skunkworks area is now shopping centers. Look in the yellow pages under scrap metals or recycling. The guys at Newhall Scrap on Branford were very easy to get along with as was Valley Metals. There are/were also a couple scrap dealers in Chatsworth which is much closer to WH but Sun Valley is where the action is/was. Happy hunting! Honest Al Babin

Reply to
Honest A Babin