Blue foam in the Bay Area...I found a source

Well... After the threads regarding where to find foam in the San Francisco Bay Area basically turned up not a lot of options, I finally found some.
I went to Bob's Foam Factory in Fremont, CA and they sell the blue stuff. It is in 2'x8' sections that sells for about $26 a section. I bought two sections today and had them cut it in half, so I now have four 2'x4' sections. A little pricy, I suppose...but at least you can get some without making a huge bulk order somewhere or chancing that Home Depot or someone just has some laying around.
Bob's Foam Factory is located at 4055 Pestana Place in Fremont Phone number is (510) 657-2420 www.bobsfoam.com
-John *You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North American*

Area
That's pretty expensive! It sells here in Halifax, Nova Scotia for $7.99 a sheet (same size as you bought).
--
Brian

www.cakesbydarlene.ca

Where the hell did you go? I asked at Piercey's on Robie st. and the guy told me it was at least twice that..

I popped into Piercey's on Windmill in January, that was for sheets with a broken edge on a corner. Not even a big break, but, big enough that they offered it for that price. For most applications, one doesn't need to purchase perfect sheets, we're going to cut them up anyway.
--
Brian

www.cakesbydarlene.ca
snipped-for-privacy@aol.compost (Ditch) wrote in message

Good! You've found water in the desert.

is that the 1 inch or 2 inch thick stuff?
-dave

Woohoo!
Duh...I'm sorry. It is the 2 inch stuff.
It is pricy, but at least I found some. And since my layout is only going to be 10'6" x 10'6", it won't break the bank for me. Now if I can only decide on HO or N...but that is another thread. :)
-John *You are nothing until you have flown a Douglas, Lockheed, Grumman or North American*