Machinist Shop in DFW?

I am looking to find a machinist shop somewhere in the DFW are. I need a piece of railroad rail Machined flat for use as a small anvil. any help would be great!

Byron

Reply to
Byron

is possession of railroad rail still prohibited by law?

Reply to
williamhenry

First thing you do..is build a nice hot bonfire and drop that chunk of track in it. Let it get nice and hot, keep adding fuel to the fire until its red hot, then cover it in the ashes and let it cool over night. The machinist will thank you.

Its a stone bitch to machine one of these flat unless you anneal it. Ask me how I know...sigh...

Gunner

That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there. - George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
Byron