New website to be

I posted this info to ROL as well. I am in the process of building a new website at:

I haven't uploaded the rocketry section yet, but it should be up in a few weeks. There are some LDRS 22 photos in the image gallery.

Let me know if there are any errors with the site. I'm told that the text layers will sometims overlap with certain browsers and/or monitor resolutions. If this occurs, let me know and suggest some ways to fix this (without rebuilding the entire site from scratch).

Reply to
Brian/Joseph McDermott

Hi Brian,

I viewed your site with with Netscape 7.2. Unfortunately, there are CSS rendering differences between browsers, even today. You need to get some feedback from Internet Explorer users as well.

Some text is overflowing the boundaries of the enclosing containers, usually a . On page fusion_process.htm, for instance, the text in the last overflows. The in-line style property for height was set to 100px and the number of text lines (boxes) is too large for that height (with the font selected by my browser). Its a common issue for absolute positioning with CSS as different browsers will treat overflow differently. The simple fix is to eliminate the height property altogether and the containers will (should) auto-size to contain their content. If page layout is a mandatory goal, you can specify an overflow property for the container to tell it what to do when the content overflows, ie, scroll, etc.

An older, but useful, CSS tutorial is at:

Hope this helps.

Clear skies,

Reply to
Gary

I removed the height property from all the layers as you suggested. A few users with Mozilla Firefox have emailed me and said the problem has been fixed. I don't find any problems using Internet Explorer either.

Can those with other browsers comment?

Reply to
Brian/Joseph McDermott

The text overflow I commented on is now gone in Netscape 7.2 (essentially the same rendering engine as Firefox) .

It also looks okay with Opera and Konqueror.

Reply to
Gary