(slightly) OT

Hi guys (and gals)

I've just been given a load of old photos taken I guess in the 70's - mostly BR blue but a few green 'uns too. I'm going to scan them and post them up at

so if you're interested, please take a look. The main point of this post is, however, that I need your help identifying locations (and anything else). As the photos range from all over the country, perhaps some will be familiar to some of you. Please bear with me though, will scan and upload as fast as I can but work etc. etc. means I cannot devote too much time to it.

Many TIA Dave

Reply to
Dave Potter

This thread continues on uk.railway for those interested - some locations already defined.

Reply to
Dave Potter

"Dave Potter" wrote

Hi guys (and gals)

I've just been given a load of old photos taken I guess in the 70's - mostly BR blue but a few green 'uns too. I'm going to scan them and post them

Dave

Dave, Please consider (if it is a newsgroup you can attain with your ISP) posting to alt.binaries.pictures.rail where there is a very great audiance already that can\will help without having to spend the time on a website ?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Hi Andy

Thanks for the idea - have just done that. Do people like trying to ID pictures like this? Should I bother doing more? I've got a lot!

Reply to
Dave Potter

"Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept." wrote

alt.binaries.pictures.rail has a predominantly USA based readership and not everyone has access to binary groups Andy. I'd have thought that uk.railway was more appropriate that uk.rec.models.rail but I don't think it's sufficiently off-topic to be a real issue for them to be posted on here.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Page 7 top right looks like Dundee. Top right might be Stirling Left middle and bottom are probably Glasgow Queen Street Right Middle - Edinburgh Waverley

Bottom right is somewhere on the Western region, but I imagine you already knew that. I'm sure I recognise that structure with the tank on top but I just can't place it. London area would be my guess.

Hope that is useful. Andy

Reply to
Andy Kirkham

"John Turner" wrote

alt.binaries.pictures.rail has a predominantly USA based readership and not everyone has access to binary groups Andy. I'd have thought that uk.railway was more appropriate that uk.rec.models.rail but I don't think it's sufficiently off-topic to be a real issue for them to be posted on here.

John.

John, Only as they have a bigger field to play on for photographing. I don't think we do too bad with the likes from Rev Tolley etc...

I wish I had found more time to photograph and post ! :-)

Talk Soon

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Thanks Andy - fotopic has been amended with your suggestions and I've added your name to the Hall of Fame :-)

Reply to
Dave Potter