Another tool ID needed XXI

Thanks, I'll do a search and see if I can find anything else like it.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Somehow I missed answering this post earlier...

Correct.

Yes, it's for protecting the shoe from wear.

Correct.

Yes, it's a fishing sinker.

It's not any type of medical device.

This one isn't for decorating cakes.

Reply to
R.H.

This may be nitpicking but wear plates such as this were commonly known as "taps". Even shoe repair people used the term.

in

Reply to
CW

Are there any company names or other wording on your tool? I didn't have any luck finding similar tools on the web, and I'd like to see a photo of one like you have, do you know if they're still being made?

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

I've mostly heard them referred to as "cleats"

bob g.

CW wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

Might very well depend on the part of the country you are from. Lots of regional things about.

Reply to
CW

Here is a picture of a EMT crimper:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Keep the whole world singing . . . . DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

Reply to
DanG

Thanks for that, I didn't realize they were called taps, I was thinking that taps were just for dancing but now I see that the term is also for shoe protectors. So I hereby change all of my replies from incorrect to correct for those who guessed tap for 181.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Thanks, I'm thinking that my tool was home made and not mass produced, based on the how it's welded.

Reply to
R.H.

Of course, you will have to redistribute the winnings too...

Reply to
Greg Millen