My DRO crashed last night!

Yup, my 25+ year old Mitutoyo DRO crashed into a pile of swarf and a cardboard box last night! The supporting arm to the mill broke off sending the dro to the floor! The arm looks to be zinc die cast aluminum and feels very heavy for its size and broke off in the middle! Holy whuh, does it still work? With my heart pounding I lifted it out of there and glory be it still works! Thank God for that, this unit is over

25 years old and has never had a problem. The guy I bought the mill from said this dro was the most reliable one he ever had and don't ever turn it off. He was right, good old unit it is.......and _tough_....;>) So please go check yours and replace that cheap ass arm with something better, eih? Sad to lose at 1200 dollar dro to a cheap arm...... Phil Kangas
Reply to
Phil Kangas

I know how you feel. I pulled the gib and screw out of my sadle on my bp and then remembered after dragging the sadle back on the knee that I forgot to detach the reader head on my Sony dro. This is an ancient one that uses joyswitches to reset and preset readings.

It still lives!

Wes

Reply to
Wes