Newall DRO Problem

I bought a used mill a few months ago and it came with a Newall Saphire DRO model # SA211000. When I first started using it the display would read "SU LOSE" when I turned the power on. If it turned it off and then on again this message would go away and it would work fine. Now I get the "SU LOSE" message all the time. I'm guessing that this means "sending unit loose." Instead of having flat scales, it has round metal bars that go through the middle of the sending units (sorry if the terminology is wrong). All cables are secure, at least on the outside.

Does anyone have any experience with these or suggestions on where to start looking?

Reply to
Berryhill Custom Gunsmithing

The following is from the manual: " "SU LOSt" means that the unit has been left with no power for more than 30 days, and the battery back-up is exhausted. All the set up options will have been set to the factory defaults."

Note the small "t" don't know if that differs from your "E"

Reply to
Chief McGee

Reply to
David Billington

Yep, that's it. My interpretation was wrong. I don't have a manual so I'll check the company's website and see if I can find one.

Many thanks!

Dave Berryhill Berryhill Custom Gunsmithing