Another tool ID needed XV

Just posted some more photos, I'm not sure what numbers 155 and 159 are:

R.H.

155: WAG = remains of an oulde key of some type. 159: The coiled structure looks like it is supposed to isolate heat, so maybe a pick to use for more detailed work than a more common chipping hammer.

and finally, from recent experience I'd bet that #158 is a modern-day urologist's tool.

Fred R

Reply to
Fred R
155 is a USB-2 heathen idol

Reply to
Tom Gardner

#158 is an early can opener, where the bent spike is punched through the centre of the lid, then sliding cutter moved out to the inside of the rim and pressed through the lid; the can is then rotated to cut out the lid, Interesting ashtrays can be made by using this to open rectangular sardine cans which are latter burned out to remove the aroma. This last item was learned in the hunting camp many years ago. By the way, that is an interesting ferrule on the handle. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Reply to
Don Young

This is correct.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

I've since found the answer, it wasn't part of a key.

Still not sure about this one, I'll put this on my list of possible answers.

LOL Ouch!

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

Correct, it's a can opener, and yes, it looks like someone "fixed" the handle.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

It looks somewhat like the handles to operate the grate shaker on an old wood-fired cookstove.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Do you mean this answer for number 155, the object with the figural head on it? Others have suggested number 159 (looks like a nail with a wire handle) could be part of an old stove.

Reply to
R.H.

[ ... ]

Yep -- 155.

The medium sized square part passes through the wall of the stove, and the small square part plugs into the grate assembly to shake out the ashes when you push the head left and right. This would account for the greater rust on the medium size square part, and the appearance of scale on the smaller extension.

But I see that others have now identified it, so my guess appears to be wrong.

Hmm ... it *might* be -- perhaps with the pin plugging into something which has to turn (at right angles to the axis of turn), and the wire spiral would minimize heat conduction to the hand. But the pin part seems a bit long for that.

Looking at the answer (which appears several times), I find it hard to imagine *why* it would be made like that. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I've recently found the answer for 159, turns out it's not for stoves or anything hot.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.