Another tool ID needed XXII

Just posted a few more this morning:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

R.H. did say:
184 - Alien anal probe? 187 - Some sort of line weight. 189 - Modern art. 191 - Bottle opener? 193 - Sheet metal cutting chisel
--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

Ok I have a lock on 184 its a pipe reamer for smoking pipes. As a matter of fact I need a new reamer wanna get rid of that one ? Puff

Ok I have a lock on 184 its a pipe reamer for smoking pipes. As a matter of fact I need a new reamer wanna get rid of that one ? Puff
Yes, it's a pipe reamer, I'm not selling this one but if you search for "Kleen Reem" on ebay you'll find a few just like it.
Rob

Nope
Correct
Could be, but it does have a function

Yes
Incorrect
Nice rule.

Don't know what #193 is but I got one ...
--
Snag
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

The concave part of this one isn't sharp, I put up another photo of it with a better view.

Tube end caulking hammer ?
(probably boiler firetubes)

with
My source has a different name for them, but it is for working on boiler firetubes so I guess your answer is close enough to call correct. According to a book that I have it's called a beading tool.

It was always referred to as "caulking" when I did it (probably the most horrible job I've ever done that didn't involve animal by-products), but you're right, strictly speaking it would be beading rather than caulking.
Does anyone still caulk boilers ? Can you even do it, if they're in steel plates rather than iron ?
--
Smert' spamionam

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 02:08:15 +0000, Andy Dingley

That's my take on it. The only thing that makes me wonder is the fact that the short leg is a little long to me.
Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook

I'll post the answer in a week if nobody gets it.
189. is a copper pipe swage to make sweat fittings.
190. No idea.
191. No idea. Packing olives in those skinny round bottles. Pulling some kind of plug.
192. Ice pick / ice breaker
193. Air chisel bit.
194. Secret compartment key chain
DanG (remove the sevens) snipped-for-privacy@7cox.net

ranted:

Woodruff key remover.

G.I. Jane's Secret Tampon Stash Cannister.
I thought #189 might be a blank for a stepped billdrit but the shank is way too large for that.
#185 looks like a hair/fur shear for animal feet/delicate places. #191 kitchen tool: a vacuum breaker for canning jars. #184 is a puller of some sort. Hmmm...
----------------------------------------------- I'll apologize for offending someone...right after they apologize for being easily offended. ----------------------------------------------- http://www.diversify.com Inoffensive Web Design
calmly

Not sure exactly what this is, but I don't think it's correct.

piece
lol, nope

You're correct that it's not a blank for a drillbit, or billdrit if you prefer (was that on purpose?)

Not a hair/fur cutter.

This would work if they had very small lids

Not really a puller

    It looks as though it could be used for that purpose, depending on the thickness of it.

    How about lipstick applicator?

    Is it on a pedestal, or is that some form of checkered tile? I could picture it being used to expand the end of some tubing, but I would expect some way to extract it.
    It could also perhaps be simply a demo of the capabilities of a CNC lathe, or a manual lathe operator's skill.
    [ ... ]

    Perhaps a lid lifter for soda and beer bottles? Perhaps designed to do less damage to the lids than most openers do.
192)    For carding wool, perhaps?
190)    Looks like part of the setup on a metal planer or shaper to be     set at an angle between the table and the workpiece to help it     resist the thrust of the tool? The diamond-engraved end would     rest against the workpiece, and the hex shank would have     internal threads, so a jackscrew could be extended between it     and some hard point mounted on the table?
    Enjoy,         DoN.
"> Is it on a pedestal, or is that some form of checkered tile? I

It's on a checkered cloth, and it's used on boilers but I'm not sure how.

Yes, it's a bottle opener.

This item isn't for wool.

I think this one is a lapping tool.
ranted: