Charles Morrill

Reply to
Charles Morrill

#201 - pipe cutter. It might just be a chain wrench, but those little wheels in the chain look like they're sharp-edged

#202 - brake or clutch re-liner ? Asbestos friction linings were riveted to a steel frame. This tool is used to cut the heads off the rivets so a new lining can be riveted on. It used to be a local garage task, now we just swap the whole component.

#204 - typewriter

#205 - don't think this is for gas welding. UK bottles always use a square shut-off valve spindle and the wrench for the pipe connections is much bigger.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

201 is a pipe cutter for cast iron drainpipe 196 is hog ring pliers used in upholstery work 195 is schrader valves for car/truck tires 199 is a rope spinner .
Reply to
Terry Coombs

201. Pipe cutter/Hammer 202. Valve stem shortener/Hammer 203. Tongue piercer/Hammer 204. The cockroach from Naked Lunch/Hammer 205. Bicycle multitool/Hammer 206. Magnatizulatifier/Demagnatizulatifier/Hammer
Reply to
B.B.
201. Muffler cutter 202. No idea. 203. No idea. 204. Typewriter. Soon to be a museum piece. 205. Go/NoGo gauge 206. magnetize/demagnetize block

DanG
201 Exhaust pipe cutter 196 Hog ring pliers 195 Schrader valves 199 Rope weaver 205 Bycycle wrench 204 Typewriter levers 202 Universal Joint removal/installation (Maybe ball joints - need better pictures) 206 Crimping die

Reply to
TeamCasa

This is correct, it's an edge planer used by a shoe maker, also could be used as an edge iron.

Reply to
R.H.

It's a cutter but I'm still trying to determine if it's for pipe or glass.

Correct.

It's a spanner but not for 205 oxy or acetylene.

This one isn't a lapping tool.

Reply to
R.H.

Cutter is correct, though as I mentioned previously I'm not sure if it's for pipe or glass.

Thanks, I'll pass this on to the owner.

Yes

You're right, it's not for gas welding.

Reply to
R.H.
206 could be either of two things: Is it magnetic? It would be applied to a screwdriver stem to make it hold screws. The other possibility (also assuming it is magnetic) is a fraudulent device sold by Harbor Freight to be applied over a fuel line, to help break up the clumps of molecules of gasoline. LOL
Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Probably but maybe for glass.

Yes

Nope

Correct

Reply to
R.H.

So far everyone has guessed pipe cutter for this one, but the seller thought it was a glass cutter. I'm still not sure which is corret.

I still haven't verified this yet, but probably right.

These two are correct.

Reply to
R.H.

Your first answer is correct, it's a magnetizer/demagnetizer.

Reply to
R.H.

Both of these are correct.

Reply to
R.H.

These two are probably right but I'm still checking on them.

Both correct.

It's a wrench but not for bikes.

Yes

I'll pass this along to the owner.

This one isn't a crimping die.

Reply to
R.H.

I think that 201 could be a cutter for cutting glass tubes, like boiler water level sight tubes an such.

Reply to
Al A.

Exhaust pipe cutter

Andy Asberry