Another tool ID needed XXIV

Just posted another set of photos:
http://puzzlephotos.blogspot.com/

201 is a pipe cutter 204 typewriter type levers 205 oxy or acetylene bottle spanner 206 lapping tool

203 skiving tool?

This is correct, it's an edge planer used by a shoe maker, also could be used as an edge iron.

It's a cutter but I'm still trying to determine if it's for pipe or glass.

Correct.
It's a spanner but not for 205 oxy or acetylene.

This one isn't a lapping tool.
201 is a pipe cutter

RH wrote: It's a cutter but I'm still trying to determine if it's for pipe or glass. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ I have seen one, much larger, used to cut clay sewer pipe. It looks like it would be turned, so the wheels make a groove, like a glass cutter. The contractor I watched merely tightened the chain, and the pipe popped in two. I don't know of any clay pipe in sizes that this tool could handle, so it is plausible that it would be used for glass tubing, such as is used for boiler sight glasses, etc.
As I mentioned in a different post, the seller told me that he thought it was a glass cutter, I finally found one just like it on this page, second from the bottom:
http://store.yahoo.com/wantasub1/tubetools.html
click on the photo for a larger one.

pipe
it
two.
is
boiler
I'm pretty sure that 206 is a magnetizer/demagnetizer. I gave a bunch as stocking gifts a few years back. I think that 199 is a rope winding machine for something like sash cord.
Charles Morrill

Both of these are correct.

#201 - pipe cutter. It might just be a chain wrench, but those little wheels in the chain look like they're sharp-edged
#202 - brake or clutch re-liner ? Asbestos friction linings were riveted to a steel frame. This tool is used to cut the heads off the rivets so a new lining can be riveted on. It used to be a local garage task, now we just swap the whole component.
#204 - typewriter
#205 - don't think this is for gas welding. UK bottles always use a square shut-off valve spindle and the wrench for the pipe connections is much bigger.
--
Smert' spamionam

(R.H.) wrote:

Cutter is correct, though as I mentioned previously I'm not sure if it's for pipe or glass.

Thanks, I'll pass this on to the owner.

Yes
You're right, it's not for gas welding.

R.H. wrote:

201 is a pipe cutter for cast iron drainpipe 196 is hog ring pliers used in upholstery work 195 is schrader valves for car/truck tires 199 is a rope spinner .
--
Snag aka OSG #1
'76 FLH "Bag Lady"

So far everyone has guessed pipe cutter for this one, but the seller thought it was a glass cutter. I'm still not sure which is corret.

I still haven't verified this yet, but probably right.

These two are correct.

Exhaust pipe cutter http://www.mytoolstore.com/kd/kdspec03.html

thought
Looks like the seller was right, I finally found one just like it on this page, second from the bottom:
http://store.yahoo.com/wantasub1/tubetools.html
click on the photo for a larger one.

*NOT* likely to be for glass, with the _multiple_ cutter wheels. You don't need pressure to cut glass -- scoring the surfacei, and then 'snapping' is sufficient -- even with tubing.

201. Pipe cutter/Hammer 202. Valve stem shortener/Hammer 203. Tongue piercer/Hammer 204. The cockroach from Naked Lunch/Hammer 205. Bicycle multitool/Hammer 206. Magnatizulatifier/Demagnatizulatifier/Hammer
B.B. --I am not a goat! thegoat4 at airmail.net
http://www.sorryeverybody.com /
201. Muffler cutter 202. No idea. 203. No idea. 204. Typewriter. Soon to be a museum piece. 205. Go/NoGo gauge 206. magnetize/demagnetize block

201 Exhaust pipe cutter 196 Hog ring pliers 195 Schrader valves 199 Rope weaver 205 Bycycle wrench 204 Typewriter levers 202 Universal Joint removal/installation (Maybe ball joints - need better pictures) 206 Crimping die